Learning Resource Coordinator
Would you take the lead of a vibrant learning community and support development learning resources of high quality? Do you have experience within tax, GRPS, civic participation and youth unemployment; and are you an experienced trainer from grassroots training organizations? Are you good at empowering others by challenging them constructively? Then you may be our new Learning Resource Coordinator.
In the coming years, ActionAid Denmark (AADK) will grow significantly as an organization. In 2022, we will be 30.000 members, more volunteers and more stakeholders, who will engage in our visions about a more just and sustainable world. We are an ambitious organization with a team of dedicated professionals, who are consistently working on creating change in 45 countries throughout the world. You can be a part of making this a reality, and become a part of one of the sharpest civil society organizations in Denmark, as recently announced by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Learning Resource Coordinator will be part of our international Youth Organizing & Activism team, which supports youth organising and activism through our Global Platforms, new youth-led initiatives and ActionAid’s youth work. We are twelve persons in the team posted in Denmark and around the world. One of our goals this year is to establish a vibrant and connected network for youth action, learning and innovation across AADKs country and global programmes.
As the Learning Resource Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
ensuring the quality, support and awareness of the learning resources developed at the platforms. This includes:
- Supporting our Global Platforms (GPs) in developing and piloting learning resources and toolkit;
- Providing feedback to what they develop; and ensuring high quality of those resources;
- Supporting the GP managers in training their trainers; taking the lead in running thematic Trainings of Trainers; and supporting development of GP’s trainers (both internal and associate);
- Making GP Learning Community vibrant by supporting with relevant readings, articles, books etc. and frequently updating it and taking the lead on ensuring awareness of existing training material across the federation and global NGO in cooperation with online developers;
- Building up a strong network of associate trainers in the region, where the position is located, as well as supporting the development of a strong youth movement in the area and supporting in planning and running bi-annual reflection workshops.
In a less extend, you will also contribute to continuous development of the Global Platform project and provide technical input to its pedagogical framework; as well as we expect you to support cross-cutting learning initiatives and explore ways for cross-pollination between the different initiative.
The job requires that you have:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience with learning design processes working with youth;
- Knowledge and experience around AADK’s thematic priorities, including: tax, GRPS, civic participation and particularly youth unemployment;
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of Action Aid’s HRBA (human rights based approach) and strategic priorities;
- Experience as a Trainer or Training Quality Coordinator from a grassroot training organization and that you understand global training trends;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to empower others by challenging them constructively, providing feedback, coaching and mentorship as and when needed;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others in respect of diversity when collaborating with co-workers and partners with a different background and work culture;
- Strongly motivated and interested in working for the overall cause of AADK;
- Full working knowledge of oral and written English.
And it is great if you are:
- Conversant with Global Platform’s Learning Development Cycle including learning principles and M&E framework;
- Experienced in participatory methods, action-learning and political empowerment, activists and/or social movements;
- Strong at networking with partners, volunteers, training participants and other stakeholders;
- At ease with being a representative for AADK including promotion of products and training principles of AADK.
We offer you:
- A temporary position of 2 years working full time 40 hours/week and approx. 40 travels days a year;
- A position located in Jordan, Bangladesh or Ghana;
- Employment conditions in accordance with AADK’s Terms and Conditions for Expatriates (if you are relocated from your country of origin) or AADKs Terms & Conditions for National employees (if you are working in your country of origin) with salary at TQM level;
- Flexible working hours, so that a healthy balance between private- family- and worklife is possible;
- A broad, professional network of passionate, international colleagues;
- A young, informal and dynamic working environment characterized by a modern management culture, cooperation across the organization and honest feedback.
- Application deadline: 1st April 2018 midnight 2018 midnight Danish time (CET).
- Interviews: The first round of interviews is expected to be conducted on or around the 1st week of April 2018; potential second round of interviews in the 2nd week of April.
- Start date: 1st May 2018 or soonest possible.
You can get more information about the position through our Head of Youth Organizing & Activism, Anne Louise Carstens, [email protected] or our Learning and Impact Manager, Anjana Luitel, [email protected]. You can also hear more about the working conditions and retrieve organizational documents through our HR Consultant, Cecilia Højstrøm, [email protected].
See more about working in AADK here: www.ms.dk/job.
Read more about our new strategy here: https://www.ms.dk/dokumenter/strategier
We only receive applications through our recruitment system, as such please use the link below to submit your application.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.