MS- ActionAid Denmark (AADK)
Søndag, 5. august 2018 - 23:55
Project M&E Coordinator– Mobilizing Civil Society Support for Implementation of the African Governance Architecture
Do you want a CV enhancing role that will use your talents and develop your skills? Do you want to make a difference and contribute to global development through our large-scale European Commision project? And do you thrive in an engaging working environment where our international partners will look to create strong impact at country and regional level with you?
ActionAid Denmark is the lead in a Project funded by the European Commission titled Mobilizing Civil Society Support for Implementation of the African Governance Architecture. The co-applicants include ActionAid offices in Ghana, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Zambia plus, South African Development Community Council of NGOs (SADC-CNGO), East Africa CSOs’ Forum (EACSOF), West African Civil Society Forum (WACSOF), who are civil society platforms dedicated to coordinating dialogue between CSOs and their respective Regional Economic Communities; the Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA); and the Mass Public Opinions Institute (MPOI) based in Zimbabwe.
The Project M&E Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating on all M&E processes and manage the evaluation of data collected. She/he will ensure effective reporting and MEL processes at country and regional levels; facilitate effective learning for impact and ensure compliance with project contract rules and regulations. This will also imply planning and facilitating training and workshops with partners and AA staff. In addition, the M&E officer will support the Project Coordinator in providing administrative and technical programme support, engagement with external stakeholders as well as support in managing relationships with Consortium members particularly on M&E processes as required.
The Project M&E Coordinator reports to the Project Manager. The Project M&E Officer will also coordinate closely with the M&E Coordinator particularly on setting up appropriate systems and finalizing key reports. The officer will work closely with the Project Managers and MEL teams from each of the co-applicants, towards effective delivery on project M&E, including reporting.
Support the Project Management
- Establish and maintain monitoring and reporting systems for effective functioning of the project, including associated communications on M&E matters between all co-applicants.
- Be the central point of contact on M&E processes and issues mainly through, but not limited to, the Project Managers for each co-applicant. Support National Project Mangers on meeting reporting requirements.
- Facilitate effective coordination and collaboration between and amongst Consortium Members regarding M&E processes and deliverables. Participate in regular planning and progress review meetings with the PM, and with the project team
- Ensure that crosscutting issues (women’s rights, youth participation) are integrated in the MEL framework and monitored throughout the project period.
- Facilitate M&E training as per workplan. This includes active involvement in meetings, workshop and training courses, and related project platforms where monitoring, reporting, results and learning are important agenda items.
Provide technical leadership on monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting
- Ensure an M&E framework, which measures progress of the project against indicators in line with the project log frame and donor requirements, and provide learning for planning and adjustments.
- Liaise with national project managers and national M&E teams and other internal stakeholders to actively seek their input and ownership of all M&E tools and processes
- Support the implementation and on-going development of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) processes, systems and guidance across the project as per agreed priorities.
- Ensure the project M&E guidelines and tools are up to date and effectively used by all co-applicants and, where this is not the case, provide support to co-applicants to improve implementation
- Gather, assess for relevance and quality, consolidate and submit required project data to the project Coordinator on a regular basis in close cooperation with the M&E Coordinator.
- Promote programme and organisational wide knowledge management and learning in close cooperation with the M&E Coordinator
- Proactively collect and request data and information where necessary
- Check and verify qualitative and quantitative data submitted for reporting and ensure that data is submitted timely to Project Coordinator
- Draw strategic input from key project stakeholders, including Governance Advisor and M&E unit in Denmark, as well as from external experts to continually improve processes.
- Ensure all monitoring, evaluation and research activities are conducted in line with agreed principles, and consistently promote women’s rights and downwards accountability to beneficiaries
- Support the Project Coordinator and Project Manager to conduct, commission and manage research, baseline and evaluation processes especially the end of project evaluation.
- Work in coordination with the M&E Coordinator, Governance Advisor, Project Coordinator, Project Manager on capturing best practice and learning.
- Support learning processes. She/he will set up systems to generate learning, sharing (within project partners and across ActionAid) and use of learning for improvements using relevant technology for MEL.
Manage the project reporting
- Assist in the production of reporting guidance and documentation and ensure that guidance is disseminated and readily available, including on the Hive an in the shared One Drive folder
- Manage the quarterly reporting process, providing analysis of data submitted and constructive feedback to countries and consortium members.
- Facilitate high quality narrative report submissions from co-applicant Project Managers within agreed timelines.
- Communicate to stakeholders about reporting deadlines and provide advice and assistance as needed
- Lead on the consolidation of monitoring data across the co-applicants to ensure reporting against the log frame for EC reporting.
- Review reports submitted by partners, prepare and submit reports ensuring compliance with contract requirements, rules and regulation to the Project Coordinator.
- Compile and edit reports from all partners into comprehensive status reports to the EC. The reports will be finally approved by the programme coordinator before submission to the EC.
Administrative and Logistical Support
- Maintain and manage documentation storage and use for all M&E related materials.
- Contribute to and support the production of external communication materials as required.
- Be the first point of contact for the M&E unit both internally and externally.
- Join the ActionAid MEL community network (EAGLES).
- Coordinate performance reporting and ensure completion by deadlines as set out in the performance reporting calendar.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders and their teams to ensure positive working interactions at all times.
- The M&E Coordinator will on an ad hoc basis be expected to carry out any other duties that are within the scope of the project, and with the Action Aid mandate.
- Educated at university degree level in the fields of Social Science, Health, Development Studies, Human Rights, Governance or other relevant humanities.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fluency in writing, reading and speaking English is mandatory.
- Substantial experience in designing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems, tools and processes in an international development context. Knowledge of media monitoring and advocacy an advantage.
- Experience of providing leadership, support and guidance on monitoring and evaluation across development programmes/projects – particularly in multi-country settings.
- Adept skills in monitoring complex projects with a wide geographical scope requiring virtual collaboration.
- Experience with M&E and integrating MEL in the project cycle within a regional or international agency.
- Applied knowledge of the project cycle including problem analysis, project design, financial planning and management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent skills in information/data analysis, including consolidation and analysis of highly diverse data, and report writing.
- Proven ICT skills and use of database software.
- Strong training and facilitation skills and ability to identify capacity building needs.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and interested in learning within a political, changing and diverse work environment.
- Ability to travel to the participating countries.
- Knowledge of writing, reading and speaking in Portugese is an advantage
- Understanding of both policy issues and programme practice on democratic governance, particularly linking local, national regional and international evidence-based campaigning.
- Experience in working effectively with civil society in southern Africa, west Africa, and east Africa.
- Experience with Outcome Harvesting, Outcome Mapping or similar participatory methods for learning is an advantage.
Understands the project cycle and requisites for effective, high quality and timely delivery on all project cycle facets. Is able to analyse project dynamics and pose solutions where conflict or challenges arise, which may hinder efficacious implementation. Understands team and partnership dynamics and qualities to foster these effectively and positively.
Is able to make clear, concise and accurate presentations, and dialogue and consultation with partners and project team members. Has strong writing skills, for project reports and all project type documents.
Strong skills in various IT packages including Microsoft, Excel; as well as virtual communication platforms for dialogue and conferencing such as Skype, Webinar mediums and others.
Acts in accordance with ActionAid’s values; follows through on commitments; and applies ethical considerations in all decisions and actions. Has an appreciation of diversity, and appreciates political, cultural and institutional sensitivities.
Uses effective strategies to facilitate organisation change initiatives and overcome resistance to change by involving others, listening and building commitment.
Inspires, motivates and positively engages co-applicant Project Managers and peer project staff, laterally and vertically.
Leading with purpose
Has personal direction and is not easily sidetracked by unimportant details, pressure, challenges, crisis or workload.
Makes well-thought out, timely, strategic, informed and appropriate decisions, in consultation with the Project Coordinator and Project Manager and project team as required.
Building collaborative relationships
Builds productive working relationships with co-workers and external parties, whilst valuing people of different backgrounds, cultures and demographics. Is gender transformative and cognisant of rights issues linked to specific vulnerable Groups.
Applies themselves enthusiastically and soberly, with innovation and in a consistent state of capitalizing opportunities.
ActionAid DK offers
In ActionAid DK we have a committed and informal working environment with an emphasis on humor, sharing and acknowledgement - and open and constructive feedback. You will get a wide network of international colleagues as well as flexible working hours that encourages a balance between your private, family and working life.
The position is full time for two (2) years with possibility of renewal, and the employment is in accordance with the agreement between the Danish State and the academics (AC overenskomst).
Closing date: 5th of August, midnight Danish time (CET)
Interviews: First interview 15th of August and a possible second interview on 22st August.
Start date: If possible 01 September 2018, latest 01 October 2018.
Location of position: Copenhagen, Denmark (Fælledvej 12, 2200 København N.)
Please do also consult our webpage www.ms.dk for further information about working conditions in ActionAid Denmark.
As we only accept applications submitted through our online recruitment system, please click the button "Apply for position" below to register your candidature.
Apply for position:
AADK is an inclusive workplace which welcomes a diversity of people and ideas. As an equal opportunity employer, AADK invite everybody with relevant qualifications, independently of any identity markers (such as race, skin colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, social or economic status or any other), to apply. AADK does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. Any transgression in this regard should be addressed to [email protected].
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.