As ADRA DK’s third humanitarian coordinator, your main responsibility will be management of our programmes in Yemen and Syria. You will work closely together with the two other humanitarian coordinators in our programme team, which currently consists of eight staff members.
- Manage part of ADRA Denmark’s humanitarian programmes in Syria and Yemen: Facilitate the development and update of Theories of Change (ToCs) and risk assessments, monitor the programmes, liaise with donor offices, quality assure proposals and reports, ensure alignment to relevant strategies and guidelines, provide technical assistance and capacity building to partners, etc.
- Support the development of ADRA Denmark’s future humanitarian strategy and intervention areas
- Strengthen some of ADRA Denmark’s strategic intervention areas (protection, WASH, shelter, early recovery, DRR and LRRD, humanitarian-development nexus)
- Provide inputs to the annual reports related to ADRA’s Strategic Partnership Agreement (SPA) with Danida
- Stay updated on ECHO and other humanitarian donor guidelines and funding opportunities and ensure compliance
- Manage ADRA Denmark’s FPA with ECHO, including liaison with the ECHO office in Brussels, participation in FPA groups and meetings in Brussels, update of relevant information in APPEL etc.
- Keep ADRA Denmark informed about the political and security situation in Syria and Yemen
- Provide inputs related to ADRA Denmark’s programmes in Syria and Yemen to the communication and fundraising efforts of ADRA Denmark
- Liaise with the ADRA network to strengthen ADRA Denmark’s contributions to international crises and collaboration with other ADRA supporting offices
- A relevant education, preferably at a higher degree level
- At least five years’ relevant professional experience in humanitarian programme management
- Experience from working in ADRA’s humanitarian programme countries is an advantage
- Specific knowledge on strategic intervention areas such as protection, WASH, shelter, early recovery, DRR, LRRD, humanitarian-development nexus
- Knowledge on donor requirements and guidelines (ECHO, Danida)
- Good writing skills; fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
- Knowledge of Sphere and the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS)
- Resilience, open-mindedness and strong networking skills
- Strong intercultural and social competences
- Ability to work independently and solution-oriented while following guidelines
- Ability to travel extensively and in insecure environments
- Motivation to work in a faith-based civil society organisation
As per the ADRA Denmark terms. The salary level follows the basic government salary scale.
The workplace is Nærum, Denmark. The position will include extensive travel activity, mainly to Syria and Yemen.
Information about the position:
Contact Programme Director Helene Ellemann-Jensen or +45 45587703 (after 6 August)
1 October 2018 or earlier.
Please submit your CV and a motivated application in English to
Deadline for applications:
19 August 2018. Interviews will be held in weeks 34/35.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.