ADRA Denmark is seeking a Programme Coordinator for rural business and private sector cooperation.
ADRA Denmark is strengthening our efforts to increase income and livelihood opportunities for rural youth in the global South. We are looking for a person who can reinforce our ongoing programmes and develop future innovative initiatives that can facilitate the upgrading of value chains, strengthen cooperation with the private sector and support the development of social enterprises in rural areas. ADRA Denmark is hence looking for a person who can bridge business and programme work.
You will be a part of our programme team, which currently consists of seven staff members. ADRA Denmark is an exciting workplace with 15 employees in Nærum. We are part of a global network based on Christian values and present in more than 130 countries. ADRA Denmark has eight close partners in Africa and the Middle East, where we are involved in both relief and development programmes.
- Further develop ADRA Denmark’s strategy for new private sector engagements/social enterprise interventions
- Develop, initiate and drive innovative social enterprise models and rural job creation in ADRA’s programmes in partnership with private sector actors and civil society organisations
- Monitor, research and document learning and results related to social enterprise development and job creation
- Represent ADRA Denmark in networks and fora related to social enterprise and job creation
- Fundraise including develop applications for social enterprise and job creation initiatives
- Communicate and carry out policy work related to social enterprise and job creation for youth
- Professional experience with social enterprise and/or with cooperation between business and civil society organisations
- Extensive knowledge of the private sector (also in Denmark), CSR, value-chains and key business approaches including the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- A relevant education, preferably at a higher degree level
- Specific knowledge on rural development and agribusiness
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically and ‘out of the box’
- Experience from work with (and preferably in) developing countries
- Good writing skills; fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong networking skills and open-mindedness
- Good intercultural and social competences
- Ability to work independently and solution-oriented as part of a team
- Willingness to travel in low-income countries
- Motivation to work in a faith-based civil society organisation
As per the ADRA Denmark terms. The salary level follows the basic government salary scale.
The workplace is Nærum, Denmark. The position will include some travel activity, estimated around 40 days per year.
Information about the position:
Preferably 1 March 2018
Please submit your CV and a motivated application in English to [email protected]
Deadline for applications:
17 January 2017. Interviews will be held in weeks 4-5.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.