Programme Coordinator for Sudan and Ethiopia
ADRA DK is looking for an experienced programme coordinator/livelihood specialist to manage our Resilience in the Horn of Africa (RiHA) programme in Sudan and Ethiopia. The coordinator will spend considerable time in the field and work closely together with our partners in Sudan and Ethiopia.
ADRA Denmark is an exciting workplace with 16 employees in Nærum. We are part of a global network present in more than 130 countries all based on Christian values. ADRA Denmark has eight close partners in Africa and the Middle East, where we are involved in both relief and development programmes.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage ADRA Denmark’s programme cooperation with ADRA Sudan and ADRA Ethiopia on the Resilience in the Horn of Africa (RiHA) programme
- Provide support to ADRA Sudan and ADRA Ethiopia on programme development and management, monitoring, documentation, etc.
- Provide support to ADRA Sudan and ADRA Ethiopia with regard to EU and Danida requirements
- Provide advice on the strategic intervention areas such as food security and livelihood
- Provide support to the development of future ADRA strategies for Sudan and Ethiopia
- Develop and provide quality assurance to new project proposals, budgets and reports in cooperation with ADRA Sudan and ADRA Ethiopia to ensure compliance with guidelines
- Liaise with the ADRA network to strengthen the capacity of ADRA Sudan and ADRA Ethiopia and support the capacity development processes
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Solid experience from working in the Horn of Africa
- A relevant education, preferably at a higher degree level
- At least five years’ relevant professional experience in programme management (including development of Theories of Change)
- Experience with livelihood approaches in a pastoralist and agro-pastoralist setting
- Experience with participatory approaches, e.g. sustainable livelihood approach
- Experience with WASH and LRRD an advantage
- Experience in value chain development and engagement with the private sector is an advantage
- Good writing skills; fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic/Somali is an advantage
- Knowledge on donor requirements and guidelines (EU, Danida)
- Knowledge of the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS)
- Resilience, open-mindedness and strong networking skills
- Ability to work independently and solution-oriented while following guidelines
- Strong intercultural and social competences
- Motivation to work in a faith-based civil society organisation
- Ability to travel at least 4-5 times per year up to 3-4 weeks at a time and stay in basic conditions
As per the ADRA Denmark terms. The salary level follows the basic government salary scale.
The business language of ADRA Denmark is Danish. Non-Danish speakers will be expected to learn Danish.
The workplace is Nærum, Denmark, but extensive travel activity in Sudan and Ethiopia is expected.
Information about the position:
Contact Programme Director Helene Ellemann-Jensen
1 or 15 November 2018
Please submit your CV and a motivated application in English to
Deadline for applications:
28 September 2018. Interviews will be held in weeks 40-41.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.