Associate Digital Fundraising and Communication Officer
Throughout 2014-2015 UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, relocated several key functions and services from its Headquarters in Geneva to UN City in Copenhagen, including the Private Sector Partnership Service (PSP) that is leading UNHCR’s global collaboration with the private sector and engagement with the general public through its fast growing extensive network in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Gulf region and Africa.
From its new presence in UN City UNHCR is now scaling up engagement in Denmark through strenghtened public awareness and fundraising activities in support of the world’s refugees - an effort that is expected to deepen in the coming years.
We are looking for a dedicated and results driven digital communication and fundraising expert who can help build and develop UNHCR’s engagement in Denmark. This exciting new function offers a unique opportunity to work with fundraising, public awareness and communication as part of the global UNHCR PSP team - a position which requires a high degree of flexibility and personal drive due to its broad and dynamic portfolio.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Adviser for Denmark, the Associate Digital Fundraising and Communication Officer will be expected to shape and manage UNHCR's digital fundraising and communication activities in Denmark and could (in the future) supervise a larger digital fundraising and communication team in Denmark. He/she will work in close collaboration with the global digital fundraising team and UNHCR's Regional Representation for Northern Europe in Stockholm.
Established in December 1950, UNHCR is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. For more than six decades, UNHCR’s work has helped over 50 million refugees restart their lives. UNHCR teams are in the field in over 125 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for nearly over 65 million people who have been forced to flee their homes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Advisor, the Associate Digital Fundraising and Communication Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Contribute to the development of a digital fundraising strategy for Denmark.
· Set-up, produce and manage all fundraising e-communication and routine communication with supporters, including translation of existing content into Danish.
· Perform data selections and segmentation for email programmes.
· Manage and update the database for individual givers and supporters in Denmark.
· Develop and execute all reporting on campaigns, fundraising income, donor profiles etc.
Digital communication and public awareness:
· Contribute to the overall development and management of UNHCR’s public awareness strategy for Denmark.
· Produce new and modify existing web content so that it is tailored to a Danish audience and work closely with relevant colleagues to build and optimize branding.
· Promote UNHCR’s public awareness and fundraising activities in Denmark through presence on social media.
· Manage and implement public awareness response and digital fundraising efforts in situations of refugee emergencies and specific thematic campaigns.
· Contribute to general budget and planning processes for expansion of the Danish market in the coming years.
· Perform other tasks as required.
Monitoring and Progress Control (Expected Outputs)
· Well-functioning donor giving system is in place and has been tested, incl. a smooth use of UNHCR's donor database.
· Digital communication procedures with donors and supporters have been established and implemented.
· Core elements of an overall digital marketing and communication strategy are established and digital marketing and communication (website and social media) are continuosly optimized.
· Routine and ad hoc performance reports are completed in a timely manner.
· Reports on budget and expenditures are completed.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
Education and Work Experience:
· With a Bachelor's Degree a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience is required.
· With a Master's Degree a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience is required.
· Fluency in Danish (mother tongue) both written and spoken.
· Fluency in English both written and spoken.
Required Skills & Competencies:
· Excellent communication and editing skills in Danish and English, particularly for digital platforms.
· Demonstrated experience in managing digital communication platforms, email marketing, database management and digital marketing techniques, incl. multimedia set-ups.
· Solid experience with fundraising, including donor acquisition, donor care, campaigns, brand awareness etc.
· Strong technological literacy and knowledge of new digital fundraising tools and techniques;
· Experience with social media management.
· Familiarity with Danish public discourse and experience with working with Danish audiences.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
· Experience with fundraising in a non-for-profit work environment in Denmark.
· Knowledge of international humanitarian organizations and UNHCR’s mandate and global operations.
· Experience in using email broadcast tools.
· Experience with HTML.
UNHCR Copenhagen, UN City, Marmorvej 51, 2100 Copenhagen Ø.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and Personal History Form (P11), including testimonials/degrees/certificates to DENCOCMUHR@unhcr.org indicating “Associate Digital Fundraising and Communication Officer” in the subject of the email.
P11 forms are available on www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
Closing date for receipt of applications: 7th April 2017
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.