Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Are you passionate about supporting children and youth in some of the poorest countries in the world? We are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer to support our ongoing programme work and the development of new projects. We offer an independent and challenging job with close contacts to colleagues in other countries.
On 30 June, BØRNEfonden and Plan Denmark will come together as Plan BØRNEfonden and become Denmark’s largest privately funded development organisation. The new organisation will become part of Plan International, one of the largest development organisations in the world with focus on children, youth, and equality for girls. Plan International operates in 52 developing countries in Africa, Asia and South and Latin America to advance the rights of children and youth, and to lift millions of people out of poverty.
You will become part of our Programme department in Copenhagen which oversees our programmatic and project-based development work, primarily funded by Danida, EU, Danmarksindsamlingen and private foundations.
We are looking for a MEL Officer to join us in the Programme department and to support our exciting work around results and evidence. Your tasks will include:
- Overall Coordination of MEL within our youth-focused Strategic Partnership with Danida, with focus on capacity-building across the organisation and our partner organisations
- Providing technical support on MEL to our Regional Youth Support Unit in Burkina Faso and support capacity building processes
- Supporting new project development with focus on results framework and input to our Theory of Change
- Identifying key results of Plan BØRNEfonden’s evaluations and reviews to guide the organisation and ensure organisational learning.
- Overseeing reporting and overall compliance with the Danida guidelines and the operational procedures of Plan BØRNEfonden.
The person we are looking for is engaged in our work, systematic, independent and focused on delivering high quality work. You have good communication skills and enjoy working with colleagues from different backgrounds both in Copenhagen and in programme countries, notably in Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin.
More specifically, we are looking for a person with:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from development/aid sector in MEL qualitative and quantitative data and systems, Reporting and donor compliance
- Professional level of oral and written English
It is a merit if you:
- Understand and speak French
- Have experience from West Africa and/or working with children and youth programmes
- Have experience with Danida Framework Partnerships or other major institutional donors
- Have experience from a Human rights–based approach to programming
We offer you:
- An exciting and varied job with a strong purpose
- International professional relations
- A team of engaged colleagues
- An informal workplace where we enable development for children and youth, their families and local communities in some of the poorest countries in the world
- The possibility to put your personal touch on each task
- A job in a dynamic organisation with ambitious goals
- A job with travel opportunities
This is a full-time position where we are looking to have someone on board as soon as possible. The salary will be set in accordance to qualifications. The workplace is in Copenhagen and our future office in Nørrebro. Prior to your recruitment we will request a ”ren børneattest” and criminal records documentation from the Danish authorities.
Please send your CV and application in Danish or English as soon as possible, and before 21 May 2018, to [email protected]. Kindly write MEL Officer in the subject line of your mail. If you have questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Kristin Hedström at telephone 50605448.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.