Communications Officer at Freemuse
Closing date: 18 May 2018
Interview dates: 24 & 25 May
Contract: 9 months (with a 90-day probation period); extension is possible
Salary: Competitive in international NGO setting
Freemuse (www.freemuse.org) is a Copenhagen-based international human rights organisation defending artistic freedom. Freemuse has a UN ECOSOC consultative status and is generally regarded by UN, international organisations and partners as the world’s leading NGO in the field of freedom of artistic expression and creativity.
Freemuse monitors and documents violations of artistic freedom, and exposes laws and policies that enable and sustain these violations. We leverage evidence-based advocacy for systemic structural changes at the international, regional and national level working with partners, artists, and activists in the global south and north. Freemuse campaigns for and supports individual artists; we also facilitate and grow locally-owned national coalitions to defend artistic freedom and support their campaign and capacity building.
Job Purpose: The Communications Officer will work closely with the Communications and Campaigns Manager to implement the communication strategy and carry out day-to-day tasks, including the creation of content, management of web site and social media profiles, media relations and awareness raising.
- Draft and edit content and copy (e.g. press releases, statements, features, reports, social media posts, newsletter)
- Maintain web content and execute social media strategies
- Assist in the development and implementation of communications strategies
- Assist in media outreach and awareness raising with stakeholders
- Track and analyse media exposure, web traffic and social media engagement
- Identify and collaborate on projects with journalists, bloggers, researchers, designers and other content producers
- Prepare presentations and reports in coordination with other departments
- Conduct other tasks as assigned
Required skills and experience
- A minimum of two years experience as a Communications Officer or similar role
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or other relevant field
- in English, including excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong understanding and use of digital and social media
- Knowledge of SEO and digital marketing
- Proficient in MS Office and content management systems, familiarity with Adobe (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Good team player
- Ability to meet deadlines during competing priorities
- Strong communication skills with external audiences
Desirable skills and experience
- Video and sound production
- Graphic design experience
- Additional language skills, particularly Arabic, French, Mandarin, Russian and Spanish
- Previous work in an NGO setting, preferably focused on human rights
Qualified candidates are invited to submit the following documents as part of their application:
- motivation letter addressing your fitness against the required qualifications
- brief writing sample
Application deadline: 18 May 2018
Send application to [email protected]
No phone calls please.
Skriv venligst at du har set jobopslaget på Globalnyt.