French speaking Financial Controller, Humanitarian Mine Action/Safer Communities Unit, DanChurchAid Headquarters
The Humanitarian Mine Action / Safer Communities unit is working with 9 DCA Mine Action programmes to save lives and protect conflict-affected communities in Myanmar/Thailand, CAR, DR Congo, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, South Sudan and Syria. Our work encompasses clearance of minefields and explosive remnants of war; arms and ammunition management; risk education; victim assistance and psychosocial support; as well as armed violence reduction and community safety planning.
As Finance Controller you will joint the unit’s team of 9 full time employees and three student assistents. You will be working closely with the other three Finance Controllers in the unit and together be responsible for supervision of financial and administrative procedures to the HMA programmes. This includes ensuring that budgets and financial reports are produced timely and according to donor guidelines, that programmes adhere to standards for DCA and donors and that in house deadlines are met timely. You will be instrumental in identifying and planning training needs including joint workshops for programme finance staff.
You will be expected to travel to Programmes for monitoring visits and general support and training of staff.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Relevant educational background and thorough experience within financial management and/ or accountancy
- Experience within Administration and HR
- Fluency in French and English. Danish language skills considered a strong advantage
- Well versed in Maconomy and Excel
- Experience with a variety of donor’s financial requirements and guidelines including the EU, Danida and preferably other international donors.
- Full time position. Salary and pension arrangement according to Danish labour law
- Duty station in Nørregade, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Start date as soon as possible
- A rewarding, key role in a team of highly motivated and competent colleagues
Submit your application
Please submit your letter of motivation and your CV no later than 20 October 2017. The interviews with the shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for 31 October 2017. For short questions about this position please contact Signe Nørmose at [email protected]
DCA promotes equal opportunity in terms of gender, ethnicity and belief and encourages all qualified and interested candidates to apply.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.