Business Development Consultant, International Operations
Location: Aarhus, Denmark / Type:Full-time
Danish Energy Management is seeking a Business Development Consultant to be part of their team which is responsible for identifying and pursing development project opportunities globally that are funded by international donor agencies such as the European Commission, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, UN, Danida and others.
What we do
We were founded in 1986 and are one of the leading international consulting and planning firms. Headquartered in Aarhus, we also have an office in Copenhagen and Sønderborg. We provide technical assistance across all stages of the project cycle of development projects in various sectors. We are an industry leader with an expanded expert base and experience. We focus on energy policy projects, energy studies, monitoring & evaluation with OECD-DAC criteria, ICT, projects on urban development plans, new construction and energy renovation of buildings.
The International Operations Team is responsible for driving the company’s efforts for securing international development projects, managing all aspects of tender and contract management, including responding to calls for proposals from bilateral and multilateral donors, and financing institutions, developing partnerships and consortia, identifying experts for project implementation, coordinating the drafting of the proposal, preparing budgets, and advising on all other aspects of the tender preparation.
As a consultant you will be a part of the International Operations Team and be involved in the daily work such as project management and coordination, proposal development, and financial planning in cooperation with internal staff resources and external experts and partner companies. Your main tasks include, but will not be limited to:
- identify relevant opportunities and assess these in terms of relevance and risks
- prepare expression of interest and assist with request for proposals
- establish and maintain communication and partnership with external experts and companies;
- assist with further developing internal institutionalized processes related to tendering including update our databases;
- locate external experts for new assignments through our existing network and other channels;
- conduct background research and fact finding for energy and M&E projects;
- assist with handling request for services under our framework agreements
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Master student within the fields of development studies, international relations, business, political science, environment/energy, or any related fields
- Flair for development aid and consulting in international cooperation
- Excellent research, analytical and drafting skills
- Experience with development contract tender procedures is an advantage
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to perform a broad range of simultaneous duties and to work in a sometime hectic environment
- Fluent in oral and written English (our working language is English)
- International experience is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. French) is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Proactive, systematic and thorough in your approach to problem solving
- +2 years of experience in a similar position
On a more personal level, we are looking for a candidate who has a natural interest and experience with developing aid and the specific areas the company deals with. We often work with very tight deadlines, so you need to be able to engage, cooperate, and contribute to a team under a certain amount of stress. Finally, you thrive in an innovative, energetic, but relaxed environment with specialized experts.
We offer an interesting position with great possibilities of expanding your areas of work. The position is a full-time job and remuneration in accordance with experience.
Aarhus, 1 September 2018.
Application and contact information
For further information about Danish Energy Management, please visit www.dem.dk.
Please send your CV together with cover letter to: Prashanth Pattabiraman [email protected] as soon as possible and no later than 10 August 2018. We will be going through incoming applications on an on-going basis.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.