FRENCH-SPEAKING PROJECT MANAGER
FOR THE AFRICA PROGRAMME
You will be in charge of the administrative parts of projects in Africa and contribute to the development of our Africa programme focusing on public authorities and their role in the national human rights system
The Africa programme works to improve the national human rights systems of Burkina Faso, Niger, Mali and Zambia. This is done through partnerships with national human rights institutions (NHRIs), ministries, justice actors and civil society as well as the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights. DIHR has permanent presence in Africa through local offices in each of the four programme countries.
AS PROJECT MANAGER YOU WILL
- Manage, coordinate and report on country projects in the Africa programme.
- Have financial responsibility and budget oversight of the country projects with support from the internal Project Economist.
- Have the administrative and financial responsibility of local offices in Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger. This includes the day-to-day contact with the local representatives providing the support they need.
- Ensure and validate the monthly financial reports from the local offices, in close cooperation with the accounting department.
- Ensure partner ownership and manage partner relations.
- Support the internal and external communication.
- Support the Africa Programme Manager in programme administration, budgeting and reporting tasks.
- Support the Africa Advisors in maintaining a close cooperation with donors and local partners including promoting local ownership of projects.
- Support and encourage the Africa student assistance in the tasks given.
- Relevant advanced degree in law, business, public administration, social sciences, security sector or similar.
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written). Danish is not a requirement but an advantage.
- Solid context knowledge of Africa. Field experience from Burkina Faso, Mali or Niger is an advantage.
- Good administrative and financial skills.
- Knowledge of Danish foreign policy in Africa and working with a variety of donors.
- Knowledge and interest in human rights and development issues, preferably within an Africa context.
- Experience in being part of a team and contributing to team building
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills including a proven ability to interact well with partners and to work in politically sensitive contexts.
- Well-organised, flexible and able to work independently.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
You will be based at the DIHR’s head office in Copenhagen within the Human Rights Systems Department. You must be prepared to travel up to 40 % of the time.
The position is a full time position (37 hours per week) and salary will be determined in accordance with Danish Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations with the possibility to negotiate individual supplements.
We shall receive your application no later than Wednesday 15 November 2017 at 12:00 (GMT+1). Interviews are expected to take place between 20 and 24 November 2017. The successful candidate is expected to start 2 January 2017.
Applications in English must be submitted by using the form found on our website http://humanrights.dk/about-us/vacancies, and the application should include cover letter, CV and academic grades/diploma.
The DIHR appreciates diversity in the workplace. If qualified, we strongly encourage you to apply for the position.
For further information please contact Africa Programme Manager in the Human Rights Systems Department, Christelle Zafiryadis at [email protected] / +45 9132 5643, or Department Director in the Human Rights Systems Department, Elsebeth Krogh at [email protected] /+45 9132 5750
The Danish Institute for Human Rights protects and promotes human rights through partnerships with National Human Rights Institutions, state agencies with a cross-cutting human rights mandate and justice system actors as well as through research, documentation, education, training and communication activities. We are aiming at setting standards and generating change.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.