Programme Manager in Asia
Danish Red Cross (DRC) have been present in Asia for more than 20 years and have Country Offices in Myanmar, Cambodia, Nepal and Pakistan with a total of 18 international staff in the region. The support focuses on long term interventions within Health, Water/Sanitation and Organisational Development, and Disaster Management interventions within Disaster Response and Early Recovery, Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Preparedness. We emphasize on strengthening of partner organisations, both within organisational development and operational capacity building. We see integrity, transparency, autonomy and sustainable volunteer structures as conditions for building sustainable operational capacity.
Danish Red Cross (DRC) has been working in Pakistan with Pakistan Red Crescent (PRC) and in Afghanistan with Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) since 2004 and 2010 respectively. We work with communities and local authorities on disaster response and recovery, risk reduction and improved coping mechanisms. DRC has a strong and continuing commitment to support both PRC and ARCS in disaster response operations.
The Programme Delegate refers to the DRC Country Coordinator for Pakistan and Afghanistan (DRC CC) in Islamabad. The Programme Delegate will focus on;
- The implementation and possible extension of the DRC engagement in Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Pakistan (50%).
- Support Country office in PMER and proposal writings for Pakistan and Afghanistan (50%)
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the implementation of the Primary Health Service programme in Orakzai Agency- (FATA) in line with the programme document and outputs. FATA is currently under a remote management as international staff don’t have access.
- Monitor programme implementation (also remotely) and provide early corrective suggestions as needed to ensure best possible implementation.
- Support the DRC CC in fulfilling narrative reporting requirements to DRC HQ, Regional Office and backdonors.
- Coordinate the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes and support project managers to submit timely and good quality reports.
- Support assessments, research and proposal writing towards new programme ideas
- Together with country coordinator explore fundraising possibilities and initiate relevant funding applications
Experience and qualifications
- University degree (5 years) or medical background
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in the coordination and management of humanitarian response and/or recovery programmes, preferably in the field of community development, recovery and DRR
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in leadership and strong programme management skills.
- Experience in PMER, proposal writing and reporting skills towards donors like DANIDA, ECHO and EU.
- Very good written and spoken English (working language) is essential.
- High technical knowledge and implementation experience from emergency and/or development is a most.
- Experience in implementation through a partner organisation is essential
- Experience with remote management is an asset
- Good understanding of the Pakistan social and political context is an advantage.
- Experience in working with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement is an asset
You possess excellent communication, coordination as well as networking and facilitation skills and understand that process and ownership are key components to achieving results. These skills are also present when leading people – both near you and on a distance. You have previously lived in field using shared accommodation.
You enjoy being in a mentoring and/or capacity building position and possess good cultural understanding and the ability to work in a challenging multicultural environment.
The starting date is as soon as possible and no later than June 1st 2017. The contract period is 12 months with the possibility of extension.
Your duty station will be the DRC Country Office within the PRC premises in Islamabad. The position is a non-family position. Frequent travel to the programme areas in Pakistan and Afghanistan is required when possible and up to 50% of your time could be expected to be in the field.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the DRC Terms and Conditions for Delegates on Long Term Missions. The salary including all allowances and pension will be between DKK 39,800 to 42,000 per month, depending on qualifications and experience.
The deadline for applying for the position is May 1st.
The Danish Red Cross (DRC) is part of the global Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement, which includes national RCRCsocieties in 190 countries.