Programme Delegate, Pakistan
Danish Red Cross (DRC) has been present in Asia for more than 20 years and is currently active in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal and Pakistan with approximately 20 expatriate staff based in the region. We emphasize strengthening of partner organisations and their integrity, transparency, autonomy and sustainable volunteer structures as conditions for building sustainable operational capacity.
The Programme Delegate forms part of the DRC Country Team Pakistan & Afghanistan and will contribute to the implementation of DRC International Strategy through the implementation of DRC programme portfolio in Pakistan in close cooperation with Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS) with main responsibilities related to Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER), proposal writing and implementation of the FATA Returnee Resettlement and Recovery Project in Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
The Programme Delegate refers to the DRC Country Coordinator and will divide his/her time between:
- Programme management and implementation of FATA Returnee Resettlement and Recovery Project (50%)
- Country office support in PMER and proposal writing for Pakistan and Afghanistan (50%)
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Implementation of the FATA Returnee Resettlement and Recovery Project in accordance with programme documents and outputs
- Work closely with the PRCS Programme Coordinator to support the implementation of the programme
- Ensure that regular field monitoring by PRCS takes place, guided by clear ToRs resulting in accurate and thorough reporting
- Undertake monitoring visits and facilitate and/or lead assessments, reviews and evaluation missions
- Facilitate missions by DRC technical advisors in support of the programme
- Provide guidance and support to PRCS Project Teams in PMER
- Coordinate the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes for DRC Country Office Pakistan & Afghanistan and support project managers to submit timely and quality reports
- Ensure that all DRC and donor reporting requirements are met including writing and editing programme updates and reports
- Explore fundraising possibilities in close cooperation Country Coordinator and initiate applications as relevant and agreed
Experience and qualifications
The ideal candidate has minimum 5 years of international experience in managing and implementing humanitarian and/or development programmes including financial oversight. The candidate must demonstrate technical skills of and solid experience in PMER and programme management and implementation in a humanitarian and/or development context.
The candidate must have strong self-management skills and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple urgent or important tasks. Furthermore, the candidate must be able and willing to cope with frequent travel to the field under poor working conditions.
Excellent English speaking and writing skills are required as well as full proficiency in computers (user level) and in possession of a valid international driving license.
The preferred starting date is 1 February 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. The contract period is one (1) year with the possibility of extension.
The duty station is Islamabad, Pakistan. The position is a non-family post. Frequent travel to projects areas (up to 50% of the contract period) is required.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the DRC Terms and Conditions for Delegates on Long Term Missions. The salary including all allowances and pension will be between DKK 38,200 to 40,300 per month, depending on qualifications and experience.
The deadline for applying for the position is 14 January 2018. Recruitment is expected to be completed by end of January.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.