Cash Transfer Programming Trainee
Are you strongly motivated for humanitarian work and would you like to become engaged in Cash Transfer Programming (CTP), then you might be our new trainee in Kavre District, Nepal.
Assisting disaster affected people through a cash based response
Danish Red Cross (DRC) is increasingly using cash based assistance to help vulnerable people meet their needs following a disaster. CTP has proven to be an effective and efficient way of covering people needs, and at the same time maintaining their dignity and choice and supporting the recovery of local markets.
The overall purpose of the position is to build the capacity of the Trainee in the field of Cash Transfer Programming to prepare for potential future deployments in multilateral and/or bilateral humanitarian operations as CTP delegate. The Trainee, while building her/his individual capacity, will also contribute to the implementation of a variety of programme activities linked to CTP (e.g. livelihoods, WASH) of the Integrated Recovery and Resilience programme (IRRP) in Kavre District.
In close cooperation and coordination with the DRC and Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) team you will work with planning, implementation and monitoring of CTP activities (Conditional Cash Grants (CCG) and Cash for Work activities (CfW), including contributing to:
- Planning and implementation of cash distributions
- Implementing post-distribution monitoring surveys
- Development and implementation of feed-back and complaints mechanisms
- Planning and implementation of technical trainings for beneficiaries (e.g. business plan training)
- CTP data collection and analysis, as well as reporting
- Development of case studies on CTP
- Documentation of good practice and lessons learned
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant university degree (minimum bachelor level), e.g. International Development, Economics, Business or related studies)
- Working experience from related field
- Experience in programme management including activity planning and monitoring
- CTP training (CALP II or equivalent) and/or experience is an asset
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and to work diligently under time and multi-task pressure
- Willingness and ability to cope with frequent off-road travels and to walk long distances in hilly/mountains areas, as well as willingness and ability to cope with basic living conditions
- Excellent Danish and English speaking and writing skills are required as well as full proficiency in computers (user level).
- Experience working with the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an asset
The trainee position will be for 8 weeks (23/10-17/12 2017), with duty station in Banepa, Kavre District. The first two weeks will be in Copenhagen, preparing for the mission. The salary will be 22,402 DKK per month, including pension. DRC will provide accommodation (shared housing) and cover flight tickets, vaccinations, and insurance.
Application and further information
If you want to know more please contact Humanitarian Advisor, Lisbet Elvekjaer at [email protected] or mobile phone +45 5357 6934.
The deadline for application is Sunday 24 September and interviews are expected to take place end September / start October. Kindly apply via our homepage www.rodekors.dk/job.