Cash and Relief experts for stand-by roster
Danish Red Cross (DRC) has a stand-by roster of Cash and Relief experts, who can deploy on short notice to support the response operation.
As a Cash and Relief expert you will work closely with the local Red Cross / Red Crescent society in the disaster affected country to assess needs and capacities, assess markets and financial service providers, define targeting criteria, carry out beneficiary registration, and organize distributions of relief items and/or cash. You will also support the training of local partners and the ongoing monitoring of the response. When on mission the objective is to ensure that the crisis affected population receive humanitarian assistance rapidly and effectively.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience, including international working experience
- Humanitarian experience, including needs assessment, beneficiary targeting, distributions, monitoring, community based approaches, training of local staff, coordination and financial management
- Knowledge of and experience with cash based response is a strong asset
- Relevant educational background (Master in Disaster, Development Studies or similar)
- Fluency in English is a must; ability to communicate in Danish and other languages such as French, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian is a strong asset
- Available for deployments of 1-4 months at a time
- Ability to work under pressure in a chaotic environment
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to local cultures and be supportive of local staff and volunteers
- Innovative, proactive and with strong interpersonal skills
- In good mental and physical health
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Word, Excel)
- In possession of a valid driving license
To be part of our Disaster Response Roster you need to live in Denmark or have a Danish passport.
As a member of the stand-by roster you are not permanently employed by DRC but are available for deployments on short notice. You must therefore have an agreement with your present employer that you can be released for deployments of 1-4 months. During deployments, you will be on contract with DRC and receive a salary according to DRC’s terms and conditions for short term missions.
Before deployment you will be required to go through a number of online and face-to-face trainings to learn about the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, as well as the specific work of a Cash and Relief expert. Kindly note that you must be available for a Cash and Relief training 29/9 – 6/10 2018.
If you want to know more you are welcome to contact Humanitarian Advisor Lisbet Elvekjær, [email protected], +45 5357 6934.
You must apply through the DRC online recruitment platform on http://www.rodekors.dk/om-os/job, deadline: Thursday, 31 May. Your application and CV must be in English.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates is expected to take place early June.