Psychosocial Delegate in Mali and Guinea (readvertised)
DRC’s is looking for a Psychosocial Delegate to be based in Mali but also covering Guinea to support Mali and Guinea Red Cross and their partners in developing correct psychosocial response mechanisms focusing on migrants.
Danish Red Cross is engaged in a regional migration project in Sahel with Red Cross/Red Crescent movement partners providing “Safety, Support and Solutions” along the migratory route focusing on Psychosocial support, protection, humanitarian assistance and identification of livelihood alternatives for migrants. The project is jointly funded by British Red Cross/DFID and DANIDA and is coordinated with RCRC movement partners IFRC, ICRC, British and Spanish Red Cross and external non-Movement partners. Danish Red Cross is responsible for implementation in Guinea, Mali and Niger.
Mali and Guinea Red Cross are increasingly receiving requests for psychosocial and protection support to migrants and the delegate will provide training of staff and volunteers, as well as coaching of those engaged in direct counselling of migrants and develop relevant technical material and documentation.
- Provide technical support incl. management support and advice to country migration delegates to ensure high quality of PS intervention in the migration programme;
- Provide PS-related support and capacity building to the Host National Societies (HNS) that DRC works with in the programme, including support to mapping and setting up systems for dignified referrals; implementation of PSS activities, and support system for the volunteers;
- Develop/adapt PS tools and material for the programmes, create, collect and disseminate manuals, best practices, procedures, solutions for commonly-encountered problems;
- Backstop, support and reinforce DRC’s Delegates within the migration programme for the efficient implementation and monitoring of PS activities;
- Ensure the coherence, consistency, compatibility and possibility of mutual interaction/support between DRC’s PS programmes in different countries across the programme.
- Provide quality assurance of PS project outputs and reports to the migration delegate/CC for inclusion in Project Progress Reports (PPR)
- Conduct field missions as needed in countries of the programme for PS activity monitoring and evaluation missions, and reporting;
- Strengthen NS capacity to monitor, evaluate and report on PS programmes;
- Contribute to the DRC reporting cycle including ensuring quality on PS indicators and reporting on PS activities.
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of best practices in DRC’s implementation of PS in migration programmes, within West and Central Africa and beyond under the guidance of the DRC Mental Health and Psychosocial Support(MHPSS) & Protection matrix;
- Promote lesson sharing and learning in PS programming, across DRC at all levels – from field, to country, cluster, region and within HQ;
- Ensure learning with the IFRC PS Reference Centre, ICRC MHPSS department and non-Movement Partners;
The ideal candidate holds a Master's Degree in psychology/mental health or other relevant education within psychosocial support, protection; Gender based violence or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 years of relevant international technical field experience preferably with knowledge on West Africa.
- Experience working for a humanitarian aid organization and within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is preferable.
- Experience and capacity to adapt to emergency & protection programming
- Experience in capacity building of local partners in the subject is essential.
- Team management experience providing support at various levels in a humanitarian evolving situation.
- Experience from the Sahel/West Africa is an advantage.
- Knowledge within areas of Migration/Psychology/Protection/youth development/ health and psychosocial support in a changing environment.
- Appropriate and quick response capacity.
- Good coaching skills.
- Relevant training and practical experience working with people, who are not easily accessible.
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and readiness to work in a challenging environment is required.
- Must be able to work independently and in a small team. Team player skills are essential.
- Confidence in situations of stress.
- Excellent communication and coordination/facilitation skills and understanding of approaches and processes in a sensitive environment.
- Good cultural understanding and the ability to build the confidence of partners in a challenging multicultural environment are essential
- Good reporting skills in French and English.
- An excellent communicator and trainer.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office package and a valid international driving license.
The Psychosocial Delegate will report to Danish Red Cross Country Coordinator in Mali (Guinea).
The duty station is Bamako in Mali, which is a family post. The starting date of the assignment is as soon as possible. The length of the contract will be two years. The contract will be administered in accordance with the Danish Red Cross Terms and Conditions for Delegates. The monthly salary including allowances and pension within the range of DKK 40.800 and DKK 43.100, depending on experience and qualifications together with furnished housing and instalment package.
For further details you may contact Head of West and Central Africa, Frode Kirk, Senegal, on tel. +221 77 639 87 25, mail: [email protected] or Head of Matrix Louise Steen Kryger tel. +4535259329, mail [email protected]
How to apply
Click on send Application below to send your written motivation letter in English and upload your CV, after creating a profile. Deadline for applications is 17th of June 2018. Interviews are expected shortly after.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.