Reporting Officer - IATI, Copenhagen
The Danish Refugee Council at our HQ offices in Copenhagen are now looking for a new colleague to join the recently restructured Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) unit, working alongside a team of technical advisors within DRC’s broader Programme Division, and collaborating closely with other key stakeholders, especially the field offices.
The purpose of this role is in the short term to ensure reporting to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI), thus compiling and maintaining a current list of grants which require IATI reporting, uploading required reports and data, and in general maintaining the DRC profile in collaboration with field staff and HQ coordinators. In the medium term the successful candidate will work with both internal and external specialists to build the IATI strategy for the organisation, and outline implementation plan. This role will also seek to provide information, recommendations and coordinate with other parts of the organisation and external specialists when required and will support DRC to increase overall capacity and knowledge around IATI.
The role will initially be for one year, with the possibility for extension depending on results from the initial deliverables.
About the job
Your role in the MEAL unit, situated within the broader Programme Division, will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
IATI Publishing and Compliance
- Ensure that DRC is compliant on all current grants and contracts with regards to donor IATI requirements and support all administrative requirements in this regard such as upload of data on a quarterly basis and general maintenance of the DRC IATI profile.
- Work with DRC grant holders to map all existing and expected funding and the relevant contractual requirements with regards to IATI.
- Plan and coordinate with relevant teams to collate required data.
- Work with relevant teams to assure the quality of data uploaded and draw out recommendations for continuing to improve this process going forward.
IATI Approach and Knowledge
- Undertake a mapping of donors who currently (or are likely to) have IATI requirements on grants and contracts and what those requirements are.
- Analyse all IATI fields and DRC’s ability to provide data against each at different levels (including downstream partners and different funding sources).
- Explore potential synergies and opportunities for alignment between IATI publishing and DRC systems (including the content management and global finance systems) with internal and external specialists in the areas.
- Based on the above, develop a detailed IATI implementation plan for DRC (depending on final candidate this may be done with support of external consultant).
- Lead communication related to IATI across the organisation.
- Attend external meetings, forums and events related to IATI and ensure the knowledge is disseminated to relevant teams.
IATI Materials and Capacity
- Develop guidance for collating, entering, publishing and quality assurance of IATI data
- Coordinate and work closely with colleagues within DRC HQ and the field.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have first and foremost demonstrable experience around donor reporting and compliance in international humanitarian and/or development organisations. You should furthermore have experience around IATI publishing or if not, show that your experience will enable you to quickly gain an overview of the initiative, reporting requirements, and the technical aspects of the online publishing. We do not expect a candidate to master all areas related to the IATI, however a keen interest in data sharing and transparency, detail oriented and a general drive to learn and share information around IATI will be taken into consideration when determining the successful candidate.
All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- Highly-motivated and hard-working with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and task/project management skills, including the ability to work to deadlines.
- Proven ability to operate in a complex organisation, across functions and countries and work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of diverse teams.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, able to work across functions to achieve common objectives.
- Excellent communication skills for writing and presentations.
- Demonstrable abilities in problem-solving as well as taking a flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Advanced degree in International Development, Statistics, Economics or similar.
- Experience and knowledge of working with the IATI standard and publishing processes.
- Previous experience of developing and managing IATI implementation plans and processes.
- Experience working with information management in international humanitarian and/or development organisations.
Contract: Contract for 1 year with possibility for extension
Duty Station: Denmark (valid Danish work permit required)
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: According to the collective agreement between Danish Refugee Council an AC organisation. This is a national position for which local terms and conditions apply
Interview and starting date: We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate. Start date will be as soon as possible.
For specific information on the job responsibilities, please contact Peter Klansø at the following: [email protected].ngo. For questions in relation to the application process and other HR related questions, please contact [email protected].
Application and CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications sent together with a CV will be considered. Please provide references but do not attach any written recommendations until requested to do so.
Please submit your application and CV in English as soon as possible. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note that applications are not to be sent directly to Peter Klansø and will not be considered if they are. We only accept applications sent via the online recruitment system on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please Apply Here:
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.