Director of Operations for ActionAid Denmark
Do you want to help lead one of the sharpest civil society organizations in Denmark? Can you balance the needs for structure and efficiency in a larger organization, with multiple mission-driven teams and a strong focus on agility and innovation?
In the coming years, ActionAid Denmark (AADK) will grow significantly as an organization. In 2022, we will be 30.000 members, more volunteers and more stakeholders, who actively engage in our vision to contribute to a more just and sustainable world. We are an ambitious organization with a team of dedicated professionals, who are consistently working on creating change in 45 countries throughout the world.
The institutional funding for our international work within sustainable development is 161 mio. DKK., coming from EU and Danida (Denmark’s development cooperation under the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs), while our total income budget is 264 mio. DKK. As such, we want to further develop our ability to manage complex international programs that are truly led by local civil society activists and partners. In parallel to this, our focus for our operations unit is providing support to the development of social entrepreneurship and engagement in Denmark.
In your role as Operations Director, you will be leading:
- Progressively leading 4 teams of 15 professionals within the operations team, bringing together Finance, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Administration and Accountability.
- Overall responsible of coordination and development of the operations teams in line with AADK strategic priorities;
Master planning and development:
- Leading, supporting and challenging operations teams to develop project models and procedures ensuring management of programs complexity and economy diversification throughout the organization;
- Dash board follow up with AADK Board.
- Facilitation and follow up of yearly priorities for the organization;
- Implementation and follow-up on organization-structure initiatives and new ways of working.
- Leading an innovative and exciting unit working on quality assuring alignment between planning and strategic goals;
- Support the unit in internal and external accountability, documentation and learning and drives attention towards the needs of our primary stakeholders;
You will become a part of the leadership team, who brings together five key functions including the work of the secretariat, strategic management and cooperation with AAI and other organizations at national and international level.
The job requires that you:
- Have solid project management experience within projects driven by institutional funding;
- Have strong experience within economic management preferably within new economic models including social economy and self-financing;
- Have experience from program-work in an international setting;
- Have clout and can stand firm when prioritizing at individual, team and organization level;
- Are a problem-solver who sets the scene quickly and ensures thorough completion;
- Have a strong network within project and programme management, and know how to put them together in relevant situations.
It is a prerequisite that you are culturally sensitive while ensuring visible leadership – you appreciate cooperation also when the individual has a different background and approach than you. You have a sense of purpose and can challenge existing procedures when needed. You are visionary and led by an innovative, positive and strategic mindset that sees opportunities rather than limitations - for you and for others.
We offer you:
- An 8-year appointment without upper work limits, so that a healthy balance between private- family- and worklife is possible;
- A comprehensive compensation package where salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the agreement between AADK and the AC organizations;
- An advantageous pension scheme is a part of the package, as well as salary supplements for fixed-terms and managers;
- A shared organic lunch arrangement;
- A broad, professional network of passionate, international colleagues;
- A young, informal and dynamic working environment characterized by a modern management culture and cooperation across the organization.
AADK is an inclusive workplace which welcomes a diversity of people and ideas. As an equal opportunity employer, AADK invite everybody with relevant qualifications, independently of any identity markers (such as race, skin colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, social or economic status or any other), to apply.
Application deadline: Sunday 03 June 2018 at midnight Danish time (CET)
Interviews are expected to be conducted on or around 13 June 2018 and a possible second interview in week 26. The interview process will include an assignment and should you be selected for a second round, you can expect participating in an assessment process around your personal profile.
Start date: 01 September 2018, or soonest possible.
Location: Fælledvej 12, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
You can get more information about the position through our General Secretary, Tim Whyte, [email protected], 77310031 or 61309120. You can also hear more about the working conditions and retrieve organizational documents through our HR Manager, Pierre Vernet, [email protected], 26800429.
See more about working in AADK here: www.ms.dk/job
Read more about our new strategy here: https://www.ms.dk/dokumenter/strategier
We only receive applications through our recruitment system, as such please use the link below to submit your application.
Please Apply here:
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.