DCA has worked with local partners in Malawi since 1993 to assist the poorest of the poor with a current focus on Active Citizenship, Food Security and Humanitarian Assistance.
The Malawi Office is in an exciting process of constant adaptation and learning, working with both older and new partners with funding from a multitude of donors, incl. Danida, EuropeAid, IrishAid and private sector companies in Denmark.
DCA currently have 17 staff members in Malawi.
The Head of Finance (HoF) will be part of the management team together with the Head of Programme and the Country Director to which the HoF refers. The HoF will supervise staff in the Finance and Administration Unit, but will also work hands-on with the day-to-day tasks in the office.
The overall objective of the position is to ensure that the DCA Malawi office is run efficiently and effectively within finance, procurement, logistics, IT, HR and administration in accordance with DCA policies.
The main responsibilities of the HoF entail:
- Be part of the DCA Malawi management team and give strategic advice and direction on legal and financial matters pertaining to DCA´s continued work in Malawi.
- Supervise the Financial and Administrative team consisting of 3 Finance & Procurement Officers, 1 Accountant, 1 Admin. Officer and 1 Driver/Office Assistant.
- Maintain an overview of all programmes, projects and office running costs in DCA Malawi and ensure that entrusted funds are used in an accountable, transparent and efficient manner in line with donor requirements and DCA policies.
- Understand grant management financial obligations of back donors and carry out financial management and financial monitoring of DCA budgets and projects implemented by partner organisations.
- Prepare and ensure timely and accurate submission of financial reports, audits and budgets to back donors.
- Support and strengthen implementing partners within the areas of finance management, accounting, administration and procurement
- Support DCA programme staff and the Head of Programme with timely and high quality inputs in financial management of programmes and partners
- Assume full responsibility for grants from Institutional Donors
- Oversee and make sure that all DCA´s contractual obligation towards staff, consultants, suppliers and contractors, and Government of Malawi are kept
- Administrate the Human Resources i.e. recruitment, employment contracts, leave days, personal file, Time sheets approval, etc., according to the legislation, the Staff Manual and the DCA policies
- Give support to colleagues for ICT related issues
- Be in charge of the general administration of the office, incl. Office premises administration, Vehicles management, Assets management, etc.
We are looking for a colleague with the following qualifications:
- At least five years experiences in financial/administrative management in an International non-governmental organisations (INGO) or an International company, including external audit and grants management
- Relevant academic degree within finance, profound knowledge of accounting, experience from working with ERP and accounting software systems with good understanding and familiarity with the principles of the international financial standards.
- Experience in line or project management and/or extensive coordination
- Experience in working in developing countries, specifically in Africa, and proven ability to understand and adapt to local customs and cultural settings will be considered an advantage
- Flexible, patient and persistent with good facilitation and coaching skills
- A team player with an open, humorous disposition
- Fluency in spoken and written English
DCA will offer a 2 year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. Start date is planned for 1 September 2018.
DCA welcomes applications from any qualified candidates, international and national (Malawians). Women and minorities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DCA Malawi Staff Manual or (if expatriate) DCA’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates. Non-family duty station, although family members can be assisted with visas. A competitive package for salary, housing (if expatriate), leave and other benefits is offered. For further information please contact Country Director, Finn Petersen at [email protected] or +265 1 772 744 and for questions related to expatriation package please contact HR Consultant Camilla Nielsen at [email protected] or +45 2550 2121.
Submit your application
Please upload your motivation letter, your CV and latest relevant diploma no later than Monday 23 July 2018. The first round of interviews with the shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for Thursday 26 July 2018. Initial interviews may take place by Skype at an earlier date if relevant.
DCA promotes equal opportunity in terms of gender, race/ethnicity and belief and encourages all qualified and interested candidates to apply. DCA was established in 1922 and is today one of the major Danish humanitarian non-governmental organisations working to assist the poorest of the poor. DCA has Regional Offices in 11 countries, Humanitarian Programmes in five countries and projects worldwide and about 150 staff in HQ in Copenhagen. DCA is member of the ACT Alliance. For more on DCA, please be referred to www.danchurchaid.org
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.