Head of Regional Youth Support for BØRNEfonden in Burkina Faso
BØRNEfonden is a Danish sponsorship-based development organisation for children and youth with 5 programme countries in West Africa. With more than 40.000 sponsors and an annual fundraising capacity of above 25 mill. EURO BØRNEfonden is one of Denmark’s largest development organisation supporting children, their families and their communities in Burkina Faso, Togo, Mali, Benin and Cape Verde.
BØRNEfonden’s work is financed by several funding sources. Our main source comes from about 57.000 sponsorships. In addition, private companies and foundations provide funds for local projects and know how and finally institutional donors such as DANIDA, UNICEF and EU support our work. A strategic priority is to increase advocacy for children and communities and to strengthen local fundraising.
In 2017 BØRNEfonden was granted a Strategic Partnership with the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The overall annual budget under this grant is 21.000.000 DKK (2.8 mill. Euro) for a period of four years. The focus of the Strategic Partnership is youth employability and life skills which is in alignment with the overall programme strategy of BØRNEfonden. Therefore, the implementation of the Strategic Partnership will be building on the strengthening and scaling up of ongoing activities and to some extent introducing new activities and will mostly be implemented by local partners to ensure sustainability.
To support the implementation of the Strategic Partnership, BØRNEfonden will establish a Regional Youth Unit in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The role of the Regional Youth Unit will be to:
- Support BØRNEfonden National Offices in Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin in the implementation of the Strategic Partnership
- Support existing and new partners in the implementation
- Oversee and coordinate the capacity building of local partners and BØRNEfonden staff
- Oversee and coordinate the innovation activities
- Quality assurance on M&E reporting
- Quality assurance on financial reporting
The Regional Youth Support Unit will be integrated as a separate unit into the structure of the National Office of BØRNEfonden in Burkina Faso and the Head of the Regional Youth Support Unit will refer to the National Director in Burkina Faso for the day to day implementation and to the Programme Development and Grants Manager in Copenhagen for strategic direction.
The main task will be:
- Overall management of the Regional Youth Unit
- Management Responsibility of the 2 staff members of the Regional Youth Unit
- Provide leadership to the capacity building and innovation activities
- Represent BØRNEfonden towards national local authorities and a
multitude of stakeholders
- To lead and support efforts to secure additional funding for the Strategic Partnership
- To liaise with the Danish embassies in Bamako and Ouagadougou and other relevant stakeholders on relevant issues to the Strategic Partnership
- To provide input to relevant policy dialogues
- To oversee cross-country Monitoring and Evaluation system in coherence with requirements from the donor
- To promote key learnings for the improvement of the Strategic Partnership and for wider learning of BØRNEfonden.
- To manage administration, including reporting and follow up on internal audit reports
- To ensure compliance with policies and guidelines from donors as well as BØRNEfonden
The successful candidate:
- Has a relevant academic background (e.g. a master degree in political science, economy, development
or business management) and is fluent in both oral and written French and English
- 7 years relevant working experience of these at least 2 years with managerial responsibilities
- Has comprehensive knowledge and working experience from institutional donors such as EU, UNICEF,
- DANIDA, CISU and the World Bank
- Preferably, has experience with working with Danida framework contracts
- Preferably working experience from West Africa
- Has proven experience in strategic planning and executing a strategy
- Has strong negotiation, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Has fundraising and representational experience
- Has strong skills in financial management and operations
- Has an outgoing nature, personal commitment, resoluteness in action and result-orientation, acting in a
trustworthy way in all areas of work and possessing integrity, empathy and respect for the values of BØRNEfonden.
BØRNEfonden offers an attractive job in an organization recognized by national and local authorities as well as beneficiaries for our substantial impact in the development of the local communities. Your work and collaboration with highly competent and motivated colleagues will make a tangible difference for the beneficiaries of our work.
The contract is for 2 years with the possibility of an extension.
For further information on the job please contact Programme Development and Grant Manager Morten Olesen via e-mail: [email protected] or National Director, Burkina Faso Christophe Zoungrana via e-mail: [email protected]
Send your application and CV as a combined document of max. 4 pages, including documented results, to [email protected] (please write Head of Regional Youth Support Unit in the headline of the mail) no later than December 20, 2017. Only applications in English and received through [email protected] will be accepted.
Read more about BØRNEfonden on www.bornefonden.com.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.