Senior Advisor and Programme Manager
Do you have previous experience from managing a complex EU consortium involving several partners? Have you worked with global data portals and with partners on the ground? And are you fluent in English and Spanish?
If yes, perhaps you are our new Programme Manager for the Global Indigenous Navigator Programme.
The Navigator Programme is funded by the EU and consists of three interrelated projects managed through an EU contract and two ILO contracts. It aims at empowering indigenous peoples by giving them tools to monitor their own situation. A key element of the program is a data portal through which indigenous communities compare their situation to that of others, based on rights stipulated in the UN Declaration for the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and other instruments, and the Sustainable Development Goals.
As Programme Manager you will be overall responsible for coordinating the successful implementation of the project components that IWGIA is responsible for, including coordinating internally with your colleagues, driving key processes with consortium partners and ensuring successful compliance with donor regulations.
Your main tasks are:
- Oversee and coordinate internally all IWGIA’s responsibilities, and closely collaborate with colleagues attached to the programme
- Ensure successful implementation of the programme by liaising closely with partners and donors
- Support partners in Latin America with project implementation, planning and advocacy
- Implement concrete activities as specified in the project documents
- Ensure timely narrative and budgetary report to donors
- Support the global communication of the project
- Drive the development of the programme after the current funding period (end 2020)
We are looking for a colleague that:
- Has managed large complex consortium programmes before and have at least 10 years of experience with programme management in developing countries
- Has solid experience with EU as a donor and preferably also the ILO
- Is a ‘data- enthusiast’: you have worked with data portals before and have good understanding of data management
- Is experienced in developing and monitoring budgets
- Collaborates easily with others, and drive processes forward in an effective and engaging manner
- Is structured, well-organised and always keep the overview
- Has a positive and constructive way to approach challenges
- Speaks and writes English fluently and understands Spanish
It is desirable if you
- Understand the situation of indigenous peoples in Bolivia, Peru and Colombia and have worked with local organisations in those countries
- Have worked rights-based before and have a good understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Previously have been in charge of developing a data portal including managing an external service provider
You will be part of a Global Governance team and work closely with other colleagues on the programme. You will refer directly to IWGIA’s Executive Director.
Working hours are 37 hours a week, including ½ an hour for lunch. Work location is Copenhagen. IWGIA follows the state’s salary levels.
Application deadline: 18 April 2018. Job start: 1 June 2018 or soon after.
First interview: 23 April 2018. Second interview: 25 or 26 April 2018. If you live outside Denmark or are travelling the first interview will be conducted via skype.
Please send a short motivation letter and your CV to email@example.com.
For more information contact Julie Koch, Executive Director, [email protected], +4561167788.
IWGIA is an international human rights organisation promoting, protecting and defending indigenous peoples’ rights. We document indigenous peoples’ situations, the violations of their rights and analyze trends; we empower indigenous peoples through organizational support and projects on the ground and by supporting human rights institutions to advance indigenous peoples’ rights; and we conduct advocacy with and in support of indigenous peoples towards key duty bearers at international, regional and national levels.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.