Maternity Foundation is a Danish development organization that works to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in developing countries, including through developing and deploying new digital health tools.
To support our growing team in Copenhagen, we are looking for a Communications Manager.
With the vision ‘No woman should die giving life’, Maternity Foundation works to empower and mobilize women to seek care as well as to build the capacity of health practitioners, so that more women give birth with skilled care. Maternity Foundation has a comprehensive maternal and newborn health programme in Ethiopia, while at the same time working with partners across sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia to scale our digital health tools, including the Safe Delivery App.
As a team member of Maternity Foundation, you will be joining a small, but expanding group of colleagues in Copenhagen, the US, South America and Ethiopia. We come from various backgrounds - global health, midwifery, anthropology and the business world - and we take pride in an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude.
Together, we are an ambitious and driven team working in a warm and informal atmosphere.
Communications Manager – Position summary
Maternity Foundation is looking for a Communications Manager to manage and implement communications activities that support our programmatic impact as well as our growing presence in the global health and digital community. The role of the Communications Manager will be focused on aligning and standardizing our communications toolbox as well as developing new marketing materials, managing our website and social media channels as well as supporting our communications efforts with partners, donors and supporters in both Denmark and globally.
Specifications of responsibilities:
Overall, your responsibility is to manage and support Maternity Foundation’s communications and marketing activities, in particular related to - but not limited to – our digital health tools such as The Safe Delivery App. Specifically, you are responsible for:
- Conceptualize, produce and design marketing materials and programmatic toolbox materials, e.g. impact reports, brochures, training materials and various presentation materials.
- Collaborate with our NGO partners, donors and other supporters on communication activities, e.g. production of case stories and testimonials from our program areas.
- Produce news stories for our website, reports and other outlets.
- Maintain, update and develop our website.
- Develop social media plan and continuously create content for our social media outlets.
- Coordination of and practical execution of events, e.g. our annual Mother’s Day event.
- Coordinate media relations on an ongoing basis and production of press material.
- Production of power points and other presentation materials.
Required profile and experiences
- Relevant academic background
- Excellent writer, skilled at distilling large amounts of information for diverse audiences.
- Fluency in English is an absolute must.
- Experience in website management, specifically using WordPress.
- Experience with social media.
- Experience in using graphic design software, e.g. InDesign, is a big plus.
- Knowledge of the NGO and global health sector is a plus.
- Attention to detail and strong skills in standardizing and organizing information and assets.
Terms and conditions:
The position is based at Maternity Foundation’s headquarters in Copenhagen. Travel activities will be limited. This is a full-time position. Salary will be negotiated depending on qualifications. The Communications Manager will be referring to the Deputy Director. Submit your application and CV to at email@example.com no later than February 15th.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.