Oxfam has adopted an ambitious new resource mobilisation strategy that seeks to grow income and leverage impact through more strategic donor partnerships that build closer technical and policy cooperation with donor agencies. Danida and other Danish government funding instruments are one of the important partners and Oxfam IBIS is committed to growing this partnership on behalf of the wider Oxfam Confederation. You will have responsibility for managing and deepening the partnership in collaboration with Oxfam IBIS and the rest of Oxfam.
Through support to civil society and in collaboration with Oxfam country offices in more than 65 countries across the world, Oxfam IBIS wishes to secure that people have equal access to education, influence and resources.
Our strategic priorities are Education for Active Citizenship incl. Education in Emergencies, Social & Economic Justice as well as Peace, Rights and Inclusion. As part of the global Oxfam confederation, Oxfam IBIS works with local, regional and global actors to fight poverty and reduce inequality.
Oxfam IBIS aims to retain, grow and diversify our funding portfolio and this position will be part of that effort in a global and inspiring network of dedicated colleagues
Oxfam IBIS forms part of Oxfam International, one of the most influential INGOs, known for effective development programmes in 70+ countries, for being an important humanitarian actor and for its high-end capacity to analyse, communicate and influence.
Your key responsibilities and tasks
- Facilitate a deepening of partnership between Danida/Danish MoFA and Oxfam, both in countries and in Copenhagen
- Strengthen awareness and capacities in Oxfam around Danish political priorities (The World 2030, Policy for Danish support to Civil Society) as well as programme cycles of Danida/MoFA
- Facilitate contacts between Oxfam and Danida/MoFA/embassies and advice on engagement
- Manage proposal and bid development according to needs: from advice and quality assurance to actual proposal writing
- Maintain management information systems of Oxfam’s portfolio of Danida/Danish MoFA contracts to enhance strong performance, and manage risk to Oxfam reputation.
- Develop and manage a communication & engagement strategy towards Danida/MoFA
- Finalise and operationalise the Account Plan for Danida and the guiding policy for Oxfam IBIS’ approach to Danida funding
- Lead and facilitate in collaboration with technical advisors in Oxfam IBIS the bridging between Danida and internal priorities
- Graduate degree in political science, business and politics, development studies, or similar areas and a minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Deep understanding of donor strategies and programme cycles incl. Danida/Danish MoFA.
- High level fundraising analysis and strategic thinking
- Experience in working with a variety of stakeholders and partner organisations, and sensitivity to cultural differences. Capacity for easy relation building.
- Experience with proposal and bid development as well as grant management/compliance
- Experience with donor partnerships and engagement
- Fluency in English. Fluency or proficiency in Danish and/or French will be considered an advantage.Organisation
- The position will refer to the International Programme Director and be part of and coordinate closely with Oxfam IBIS’ s Institutional Fundraising Team
Conditions for the employment
The work place will be in Copenhagen at Oxfam IBIS’ headquarters. Some travel can be expected.
Salary and working conditions is based on present collective agreement. Pay grading will be based on the level of experience.
Starting date: October 1st 2018 or earlier.
For further information about the position, please contact Team Coordinator Pia Dyrhagen on mail [email protected], or Director of International Programmes Niels Hjortdal [email protected]
Please submit your application via the ‘send application’ button and include your motivation letter and CV.
Application deadline: August 15th 2018 at 12.00 AM. Expected interview date: 27 August, 2018.
Please note that only applications received using the link provided will be taken into consideration.
Applicants must be nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Oxfam IBIS is committed to equal employment opportunities and we therefore encourage everybody – irrespective of age, gender and of religious, sexual, national or ethnic affiliation – to apply for this position.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.