The purpose of the position is to initiate, develop and build ambitious and effective partnerships with trusts, foundations and institutional donors in Denmark and overseas to secure significant funding for Oxfam IBIS’ work and for the wider Oxfam confederation.
Oxfam IBIS works for a just world in which all people have equal access to education, influence and resources. We do so as part of the global Oxfam confederation and in collaboration with colleagues in more than 70 countries.
Oxfam IBIS aims to retain, grow and diversify our funding portfolio and this position will be part of that effort in a global and inspiring network of dedicated colleagues.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for building relationships with Danish Trusts and Foundations in line with the overall fundraising strategy while building Oxfam IBIS’ systems and structures for this area of work. In addition, the successful candidate will take part in Oxfam IBIS’ ongoing fundraising from institutional donors such as Danida, DFID, SIDA, Norad and others.
The successful candidate will be part of the Institutional Fundraising team in the International Department. She/he will work closely with colleagues from the programmatic and policy teams as well as the Finance Department for project identification and proposal writing.
The successful candidate will become a member of Oxfam’s global Corporate Relations Group and will have frequent communication with colleagues in other Oxfam’s and at country/regional offices.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, experience, skills and personal attributes:
- Documented experience and results of at least 5 years of engagement with and fundraising from trusts and foundations and institutional donors
- Documented experience and results of strategic engagement and partnership building with private sector actors. Successful experience of engagement with institutional donors is desirable.
- Familiar with the Sustainable Development Goals and how the multiple stakeholders can contribute to their achievement. Understanding of and experience from working with development and poverty reduction
- Excellent communication skills orally and in writing in Danish and English. Knowledge of French/Spanish is an advantage. Knows how to pitch a project.
- Proposal formulation skills (theory of change, logical framework approach)
- Is results oriented and strategically thinking
- Thrives in an environment with sharp deadlines and many stakeholders
- Flair for facilitating cooperation between different stakeholders including government, civil society and private sector. Is able to work in complex environments.
- Entrepreneurial skills. Flair and energy in seeking opportunities, solutions and ways forward.
- Strong team player thriving in networks
Conditions for the employment
The work place is in Copenhagen at Oxfam IBIS headquarters.
Travel: 10-15 travel days/year
Salary and working conditions due to present collective agreement with a salary scale between 35.353 DKK and 48.872 DKK including pension and pay supplement. Pay grading will be based on the level of experience.
Terms: 1 year position with possibility for extension.
Start date: as soon as possible. No later than 1 January 2018
For further information about the position, please contact Institutional Funding Coordinator Pia Dyrhagen, [email protected] or 40132106 (out of office 7-15 October).
Please submit your application via the ‘send application’ button and include your motivation letter and CV, and an example of a proposal/project presentation written by you (max 5 pages).
We will treat the document confidentially and will use it to assess the candidates’ project design and formulation skills.
Application deadline: 29th October 2017. Expected interview dates: 8 or 9 November 2017.
Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
Applicants must be nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Oxfam IBIS is committed to equal employment opportunity we therefore encourage everybody – irrespective of age, gender and of religious, sexual, national or ethnic affiliation – to apply for this position.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.