RDPP M&E Specialist (national or expat staff)
Post location: Amman – Jordan with travel to Lebanon and Iraq (Northern region)
Regional Development and Protection Programme for Refugees and Host Communities in the Middle East (Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq)
- Introduction and Background:
The European Regional Development and Protection Programme (RDPP) is a four-year initiative with the objective to support Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq to better understand, plan, and mitigate the impact of forced displacement of Syrian refugees. In partnership with governments, civil society, NGOs, and UN agencies the programme seeks to enhance protection for displaced-affected populations and create socio-economic development opportunities.
The first phase of the RDPP is supported by a platform of eight European donors; European Commission (DEVCO), Ireland, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Norway and Denmark. Denmark manages the programme through the Programme Management Unit with offices in Beirut and Amman. The first phase will end in mid 2018. A second phase is currently under finalisation and will continue from the first phase. The Madad Trust Fund will be a contributing donor to the next phase.
The objective of the RDPP is to support displacement affected communities to access their rights, be safe, and participate in development through evidence-based, innovative, locally founded interventions and, once possibilities arise, be supported to avail themselves of a durable solution. The partnerships to the programme are in the areas of livelihoods, protection, research, advocacy and policy dialogue.
With the new phase of the RDPP starting in mid 2018 there will be opportunity for the M&E Specialist to play a critical role in the establishment of the M&E structures of the next programme phase, as well as the final evaluation of the first phase.
The employer will be Danida / Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.
- The position
- Title: M&E Specialist
- Place of Service: Amman – Jordan with frequent travel to Lebanon and Iraq (Northern Region)
- Duration: one year with possibility of extension based on funding
- Reporting to Programme Manager in Beirut
- Terms of employment: Full time
- Area of responsibility / tasks
S/He will be part of a lean management team under the supervision of the Programme Manager based in Beirut, and working closely with the two Project Managers based in Beirut and Amman.
The M&E Specialist will, in coordination with the Programme Manager and the Project Managers, lead on monitoring and evaluation of the whole programme and provide technical advice and support to project development and implementation process of the sub-contracted partnerships. The current phase of the RDPP has around 25 active partnerships. The Specialist will also support partners on their biannual reporting against their log frames as well as providing technical advice on project evaluations. The post requires frequent work travel to Lebanon and Iraq (Kurdistan region).
The main areas of responsibility and tasks will be:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Implement the overall monitoring framework for RDPP programme implementation
- Support development and operationalization of M&E framework for phase 2 of the RDPP
- Provide technical support to partners on the Logical Framework and M&E plan for individual RDPP supported partnerships in coordination with project managers and ensure that they feed into the RDPP M&E system.
- Develop and update indicator tracking tool linking Logical Framework for partnerships to the overall RDPP Results Framework
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that partners are properly monitoring and reporting on the M&E plans agreed with them. Quality assurance of data collected by partners in reports ensuring alignment with M&E plan.
- Technical support to partner reporting against project log frames
- Analyse and summarize data for biannual programme reporting
- Revise and adjust overall and project monitoring plans according to budget adjustments, strategy revisions or recommendations by reviews
- Take part with project managers in monitoring visits to RDPP supported projects
- Conduct support meetings with partner reporting focal points as required
- Support partners to develop evaluation TORs as required
- Support evaluation missions to the programme
- Coordinate closely with the Communication and Reporting Specialist on identifying success stories and innovative elements of projects to be profiled in communication products on results of RDPP and partnerships
- Immediately alert the Programme Manager in case of suspicion of irregularities at any level of programme implementation
- Any other required duties as assigned by the Programme Manager to assure quality programme implementation, including attending meetings on behalf of RDPP
- Profile / required qualifications
The ideal candidate will be strongly motivated with initiative and willingness to contribute to an innovative programme as the RDPP. S/he will have significant technical experience in monitoring, evaluation of large scale programmes as well as excellent written communications skills in English.
- Academic requirements
- University degree in social sciences, economics or related disciplines. A post-graduate qualification on humanitarian/development aid will be positively considered.
- Work experience required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in development and/or humanitarian fields with UN, donor agency, international / local NGO and similar. Field experience in humanitarian or development assistance is a strong asset.
- Proven technical experience in monitoring and evaluation with UN, donor agency, NGOs and similar, working in humanitarian or development aid.
- Knowledge and experience in project management cycle, logical framework and results based management.
- Experience of drafting and consolidating donor reporting in English for a large scale programme for UN, donor agency, NGOs and similar,
- Experience of developing communications plans and products for and international organisation or local NGO will be an asset
- Knowledge and experience in forced displacement-related programmes will be an asset.
- Experience with M&E in relation to Madad funded projects or other EU funding will be an asset
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Native/fluent Arabic speaker (written and spoken) strongly considered an advantage
- Skills and competences
- Highly motivated
- Excellent communication skills in English, especially written.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizational capabilities
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive and proposes solutions.
- Should be a team-player, but also able to work independently
- Computer skills.
Please note that the final appointment is conditional upon obtaining the required security clearance.
The salary level and benefits will be determined based on the experience of the successful candidate and whether a post as national or international staff can be offered.
- How to apply
Those qualified and interested are invited to send a CV and a one-page motivation letter explaining why their skills and experience are a good match for the position to . Please include in the subject of the email your name and “M&E Specialist - Amman”. The CV should not be longer than 3 pages and should include 3 reference persons from at least 2 different employers. Both the letter and the CV must be in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for personal interviews and a written test. References may be contacted at this stage.
The deadline for applications is midnight (Amman time) 15th July 2018.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.