Annoncør: Danish Red Cross (DRC)
Job: Danish Red Cross- Country Manager- Lebanon
The Country Manager works within the Danish Red Cross (DRC) country team, embedded in the headquarters (HQ) of the Lebanese Red Cross. The DRC team is responsible for programme development and implementation in adherence with the DRC International, Regional and Country strategies. Through this, DRC aims to reach and assist highly vulnerable people in cooperation with other partner Red Cross / Red Crescent (RCRC) partners and external actors.
DRC has been present in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region since 2002 and in Lebanon since 2013. In Lebanon, the host national society is the Lebanese Red Cross (LRC), while the Palestine Red Crescent Society also has a branch in Lebanon (PRCS-L), hereafter referred to as National Societies (NSs). DRC works closely with the two National Societies through which all program activities are implemented.
The DRC team in Lebanon consists of 3 international delegates: Country Manager, Program Manager and Health Delegate. A MHPSS delegate covering Lebanon on a part-time basis is also based in the Lebanon Country Office. Two National Staff, a Finance officer and a Program Support Officer completes the team.
The Country Manager (CM) is overall responsible for ensuring that the DRC-supported Country Programme and partnerships are implemented in line with the DRC International, Regional, Country strategies, Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) standard operating procedures (SOPs), and donor requirements and guidelines.
The Lebanon Country Manager is based in Beirut at the Headquarters of the LRC, and is responsible for:
- Strategic direction of DRC engagement in the country, management of the partnership with the LRC as well as the PRCS Lebanon branch, and support to continuing capacity development of LRC and PRCS.
- Leading and managing the DRC Country Team, based in Beirut, consisting of a Programme Manager, a Health Programme Delegate, a MHPSS Delegate, a Finance Coordinator, and a Program Support Officer.
- Representing DRC and developing relationships and partnership alliances with the RCRC Movement and non-Movement partners, and other key stakeholders such as MFA, ECHO and EU representatives.
- Proactively supporting DRC communications and fundraising for implementation and expansion of the Country Programme and Strategy in Lebanon.
- Managing and developing DRC projects in the country, including oversight of the country budget and monitoring project and programme implementation.
- Creating synergies and integration between emergency and recovery operations and long-term programming and ensuring LRC ownership and sustainability are key drivers for all programming.
- Maintain and further develop the partnerships with LRC and the PRCS Lebanon branches, through regular communication with senior management.
- Ensure that the DRC project portfolio is aligned with DRC’s International and MENA Regional Strategies.
- Acts as a role model for DRC leadership values and the code of conduct, including staff welfare.
- Lead the strategic development of DRC engagement in Lebanon and prepare, as relevant, supporting documents and assessments.
- Drawing on DRC technical matrices and in-country competencies, ensure support to LRC and PRCS Lebanon to develop its staff skills / capacity in the areas of healthcare, cash-based assistance and MHPS services, PGI, gender and diversity.
The position requires strong and innovative leadership, management, coordination, representation, fundraising, organisational analysis and the provision of programme management and technical assistance to DRC in-country delegates and the Host National Societies. This will include formulation, operationalisation, implementation, and overall supervision, monitoring and evaluation of various projects, initiatives, and actions as well as further development of the partnership with LRC and other partners.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in development and/or humanitarian project management and programming.
- A minimum of 8 years of actual field experience in direct project implementation in conflict-affected or post-crisis countries.
- Proven experience with team leadership and human resources management.
- Significant Project Cycle Management (PCM) and financial management experience.
- Technical experience within at least 1 of the sector areas implemented in Lebanon.
- Knowledge of donor interests, application, and reporting procedures, particularly MFA; UN and ECHO, DEVCO/EuropeAid.
- Experience in the capacity-building of local partners, preferably of Red Cross / Red Crescent National Societies and local branches.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- A degree in project management, or a relevant technical field such as health, a social science, international development, or similar.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office and as self-supporting with computers as possible.
- Documented experience of proposal and report writing.
- A driven and motivated CM with high energy level
- An innovative and strategic thinking with the ability to transform ideas into tangible action and results
- Experienced and dedicated leadership
- Solid experience in the MENA region
The Country Manager functions under the supervision and report directly to the DRC Head of Region (HoR), based at the MENA Regional Office (RO). In addition, the CM is the budget holder and bears overall responsibility for management of the DRC Lebanon programme and the DRC country office and is responsible for ensuring the technical support, quality, and donor compliance of the DRC Lebanon country programme.
This is a 12-month position, with possibility for extension and 3 months probationary period. The duty station is Beirut in Lebanon with frequent field travels. Beirut is currently a family duty station. The ideal starting date is 1st July 2023 or soonest thereafter.
The contract will be administered in accordance with the Danish Red Cross Terms and Conditions for Delegates. Attractive salary package, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Please submit a CV and a motivational letter via our website www.rodekors.dk. The deadline for applications is Sunday 18 June 2023. Interviews are expected to take place soon after this date.
For any specific questions re the position, please write to the DRC Head of MENA Region, Karin Sørensen: [email protected]
Your application and CV should be uploaded at DRC web page www.rodekors.dk/job. Applications made by email will not be accepted.
Join us. Together we can make a world of difference. The Red Cross is always present. We are the largest humanitarian organisation in the world and for 150 years we have helped alleviate people through wars and disasters, diseases and loneliness. Most countries have signed an agreement which gives the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement a unique position and mandate to provide aid regardless of nationality, race or political views. We currently count 11 million volunteers in 192 countries. We are part of your local community no matter where you live. When disaster strikes, we are there.
Application deadline: 18/06/2023
Expected start date: 01/07/2023
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Contacts: Karin Sørensen
Company homepage: www.rodekors.dk
Office address: Blegdamsvej 27 2100 København Ø