Annoncør: Røde Kors
Job: Danish Red Cross: Portfolio and grants coordinator
Are you motivated to support country operations in their grants and project portfolio management?
The Portfolio Team in the International Operations Unit is looking for two new colleagues with strong coordination skills and experience in grants and project management to support a set of DRC country operations. As Portfolio and grants coordinator, you will monitor and support a number of country portfolios’ health and performance, advise and support on contracts, project progress, oversight and coordination of resources, finances, and coordinate and quality assure reporting. You will become familiar with all ongoing and pending projects in each country portfolio and will proactively engage with country teams on the identification and handling of challenges to successful project implementation and grant management. By doing so, you enable DRC’s country managers to make timely and informed decisions on project and grant adjustments, and you will contribute to quality reporting.
In the portfolio team, you will be working closely together with the senior portfolio advisor for the region you are covering. You will play a key role in ensuring oversight of the country operations projects and grants and coordinating HQ level support to country operations across the International Department and with International Finance. You will moreover be expected to engage in global non-country specific tasks contributing to systemic improvements across the organisation. The two open positions are with the Africa region and the Middle East and Northern Africa region.
The position is placed in Copenhagen in the Operations Unit that counts 15 colleagues with reference to the Head of Operations. You can expect a working environment and a management style that is impact oriented and that promotes motivation, trust, inclusion, collaboration, sustainability, and quality. A position in the Operations Unit opens the door to understanding the fundamental ways of working of the Danish Red Cross with significant learning opportunities.
Danish Red Cross is present in 20+ countries in the Middle East, Northern Africa, Europe, Asia, and Africa. We are working in contexts of high fragility, vulnerabilities, and humanitarian needs and contribute to breakthroughs within health, disaster management and inclusion of vulnerable groups. We oversee an annual turnover of around 800 M DKK across 100+ projects that we implement through adaptable and efficient country operations and partnerships in high-risk environments.
Your main tasks/responsibilities are:
- Ensure and support oversight of country portfolios (projects and grants), their coherence, health, and performance, including the systematic compilation and analysis of operational data
- Advice and support the monitoring and management of grants and projects
- Lead on Project Portfolio Follow Up meetings and follow-up
- Ensure support to the operation on grants administration such as project agreements
- Ensure coordination of reporting and contribute to the quality assurance of reports
- Facilitate identification of need for support and timely action to act on health and performance risks and issues
- Work closely with all relevant units and departments to promote coordinated and efficient global support to country operations
- Lead the delivery of cross-cutting tasks on behalf of the Portfolio Team, e.g., overseeing grants and operational procedures and coordinating global Portfolio reports
- Perform missions to the countries of engagement to contribute and provide support for the well-functioning of the operation
We are looking for someone with the following competences:
- Relevant academic background, such as a master’s degree in international development, development economics, political science, or similar
- Min. 3 years’ working experience in a humanitarian organisation/INGO and from field deployment preferably with a substantial engagement with local partners
- Good understanding and experience with project finance and budget management (from a project/portfolio management and budget holder perspective)
- Experience with the full grant management cycle, project oversight and management, and general understanding of EU/ECHO, DANIDA and other major institutional donors and donor compliance. Previous experience in donor proposal and report writing is an asset. Strong analytical and planning skills which you know how to translate into action
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and PowerBI is an asse.
- Excellent English language skills. For the Africa position French language skills is a requirement. For the MENA position, Arabic is an asset
Furthermore, you have:
- The ability to adapt, learn quickly, solutions oriented, and work independently in a fast-paced unit
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough and systematic approach
- Strong communication in oral and writing
- Strong coordination skills and ability to work with people across the organisation and different cultures
- You are a pronounced team player with and readiness to work outside standard working hours when needed
- Ready and motivated to perform missions to the operation
- Strong IT skills, including Excel and ERP
- The opportunity to be an essential part of Danish Red Cross large global humanitarian action, contribute to impact, efficiency and localization
- A workplace that prioritizes staff well fare, and where trust, inclusive and collaborative working environment is nurtured
- 37/week position and salary between 43,754 – 46,194 DKK including pension and allowances.
- The application must be submitted in Easycruit no later than 14 June 2023.
- Interviews are expected between Friday 16 June 2023 and Wednesday 21 June 2023.
- Start of contract: August 1, 2023, or as soon as possible
- For enquiry about the position please contact Portfolio Team Coordinator Anna Catherine de Laine ([email protected]) or Head of International operations Signe Yde-Andersen ([email protected]).
Join us. Together we can make a world of difference. The Red Cross is always present. We are the largest humanitarian organisation in the world and for 150 years we have helped alleviate people through wars and disasters, diseases, and loneliness. Most countries have signed an agreement which gives the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement a unique position and mandate to provide aid regardless of nationality, race, or political views. We currently count 11 million volunteers in 192 countries. We are part of your local community no matter where you live. When disaster strikes, we are there.
Application deadline: 14/06/2023
Expected Start Date: August 2023 or as soon as possible.
- Anna Catherine de Laine, [email protected]
- Signe Yde-Andersen, [email protected], Telephone: +45 35 25 93 34, Mobile: +45 53 61 19 17
Company homepage: www.rodekors.dk
Office address: Blegdamsvej 27 2100 København Ø