Annoncør: Mission East
Job: Evaluation Consultant for Tajikistan project: Reducing vulnerabilities for refugees and internally displaced persons in Afghanistan and Tajikistan
Mission East in Tajikistan is looking for qualified specialist for final evaluation of Tajikistan Project “Reducing vulnerabilities for refugees and internally displaced persons in Afghanistan and Tajikistan”.
Mission East is an international relief and development organisation working in crisis-affected countries in the former Soviet Union, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
We deliver emergency relief during disasters as well as long-term development assistance. Since the end of the civil war in 1997, Mission East has helped thousands of people in Tajikistan’s rural communities with clean water and latrines, livelihoods training and help to better prepare for disasters. We have also promoted the rights and inclusion of vulnerable groups such as people living with disabilities.
You will evaluate:
- If the intervention is doing the right things
- How well the intervention does fit
- If the intervention does achieve its objectives
- How well the resources are being used
- The difference the intervention does make
The scope of desk, field and interview work is evaluated to 15 days and should be completed by 31 December 2023 with a submission of draft report by 1st of January 2024. The final report should be submitted to Mission East by 15th January 2024.
We expect you to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree in development studies, social sciences or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in conducting impact assessments and evaluations of humanitarian and emergency relief projects.
- Strong conceptual knowledge and understanding of theories of change, logic models, M&E systems, data quality assurance, sustainable livelihoods approaches, protection approaches, and Humanitarian-Development-Peace (HDP) Nexus approaches and discourse, and Accountability to Affected Populations/Core Humanitarian Standard.
- Ability to produce high quality analytical reports in English.
- Familiarity with the specific (crisis) context in the Central Asia and previous experience of working on humanitarian projects in the same region is highly desirable.
- Good research, monitoring and evaluation skills including use of participatory methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are essential. Knowledge of Tajik/Russian language is preferred.
Mission East Tajikistan will assist with local travel and accommodation arrangements and possible visa arrangements (if the selected candidate will be a non-local). Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed by Mission East against invoices and are not to be included in the financial offer for the consultancy. No per diems are paid.
Deadline for applications: Applications must be submitted by 22 November 2023 to [email protected]