Annoncør: Mission East
Job: Evaluation Consultant for Tajikistan project: Standing Together
Mission East in Tajikistan is looking for qualified specialist for final evaluation of Tajikistan EU Funded Project “Standing Together: Supporting CSOs to improve rights and services for children and people with disabilities in Tajikistan”.
Mission East is an international relief and development organisation working in crisis-affected countries in the former Soviet Union, the Middle East, Asia and Africa. We deliver emergency relief during disasters as well as long-term development assistance.
Since the end of the civil war in 1997, Mission East has helped thousands of people in Tajikistan’s rural communities with clean water and latrines, livelihoods training and help to better prepare for disasters. We have also promoted the rights and inclusion of vulnerable groups such as people living with disabilities.
You will evaluate:
- If the intervention is doing the right things
- How well the intervention does fit
- If the intervention does achieve its objectives
- How well the resources are being used
- The difference the intervention does make
- If the benefits will last
The scope of desk, field and interview work is evaluated to 19 days and should be completed by 15 November 2023 with a submission of draft report 30 November 2023. The final report should be submitted to Mission East by 15 Dec 2023.
We expect you to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Former experience in conducting project or programme reviews or evaluations, preferably including effectiveness and impact in the development cooperation field.
- Good knowledge and understanding on state Social Protection Sector programs implemented in the country, especially on the Disability & Inclusion related programs.
- Good knowledge on adopted Social Protection legislation in the country, national strategies, mid-term development plans and on primary linkages of the social protection policies to strengthening social cohesion, human development, and livelihoods with focus on disability and inclusion.
- Experience of conducting evaluations addressing the rights of Persons with Disabilities is desirable.
- Analytical skills and capability to summarize and focus on the larger picture.
- Familiarity with development cooperation principles and work by NGOs and local CSOs.
- Expertise on Human rights-based approach and children’s rights.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of Russian or Tajik Language is an asset.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Mission East Tajikistan will assist with local travel and accommodation arrangements and possible visa arrangements. Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed by Mission East against invoices and are not to be included in the financial offer for the consultancy. No per diems are paid.
- Individual CV and Cover Letter
- Technical Proposal that includes steps, approaches, methodologies to be used in implementation of the task.
- Financial Proposal (Please note that per-diems are not issued as part of consultancies with Mission East)
- Signed Consultant Statement Confirming Eligibility (see last part of the ToR)
- Examples of past works or links to any publications
- Recommendations from past clients.
Deadline for applications: Applications must be submitted by 10 Oct 2023 to [email protected].