Annoncør: Danish Red Cross
Job: Partnership Advisor
DRC is looking for a dynamic Partnership Advisor and surge capacity interested in working with a primary focus on Ukraine
The overall purpose of DRC’s international engagement is to increase and strengthen humanitarian impact, inspire and act for human dignity, and enhance resilience and social cohesion in contexts of poverty, conflict and disaster.
Within the International Department, the Global Partnership unit leads the coordination and strategic direction of the Danish Red Cross’ organizational partnerships, external and within the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement. The Unit is responsible for global resource mobilization efforts and initiatives and provides support to countries and regions. The Unit hosts the Danish Red Cross’ core donor specialization knowledge and capacity on compliance and strategies. The unit supports and quality assures proposals to core donors.
We are currently looking for an Advisor that can contribute to our engagement with Partner National Societies within the Red Cross movement. The advisor will keep up-to-date cases on the Partner National Societies and engage and explore cooperation with them as well as contribute to the development of framework agreements and contracts with them. Furthermore, the Partnership Advisor will be the Global Partnership’s focal point for the Ukraine response ensuring progress on the Ukraine funding and engagement strategy and coordination with other units in DRC.
More specifically you will:
- Lead and advise on the strategic engagement, dialogue and funding approach towards Partner National Societies
- Keep a strong and clear case management on the Red Cross National Societies files
- Coordinate and support proposal development, insurance of quality and consistency in Donor Proposals
- Support the grant contract negotiation and signing and Support negotiations and agreements with consortium partners
- Be the main focal point from Global Partnership in the Ukraine response and liaise with Ukraine Country Office, Regional Office, Portfolio and Operations and Disasters and Crisis Units at HQ.
- Be deployed as surge to support a specific proposal development
We are looking for someone with the following competencies:
- Relevant academic background, minimum 2-4 years’ working experience in a humanitarian organization/
- Experience with donor engagement and knowledge of donor modalities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with programming, proposal writing
- In-depth understanding of the project cycle and LFA approach
- Planning, facilitation and coordination skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience from the Red Cross movement an advantage but not a prerequisite
Furthermore, you are:
- Able to communicate and work with people across the organization and different cultures
- A pronounced team player
- Flexible and able to travel a minimum of 8-12 weeks/year
A full-time position of 37 working hours per week in a busy and inspiring workplace showing flexibility and caring about staff welfare. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to work in a motivated team and be part of Danish Red Cross’ large global humanitarian action and contribute to impact. You will refer to the Head of Global Partnerships in Copenhagen.
Salary and employment conditions will comply with Danish Red Cross’s collective bargain agreement with HK and AC. The position is currently limited to 1 year.
Application and further information:
The application should be submitted in Easycruit no later than October 20th. The expected start date is as soon as possible (indicative: 1st December). For further information about the position please see the job description or contact Head of Global Partnerships Marie-Chantal Legendre Dahl +45 53 61 18 97 [email protected]
Join us. Together we can make a world of difference. The Red Cross is always present. We are the largest humanitarian organisation in the world and for 150 years we have helped alleviate people through wars and disasters, diseases and loneliness. Most countries have signed an agreement which gives the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement a unique position and mandate to provide aid regardless of nationality, race or political views. We currently count 11 million volunteers in 192 countries. We are part of your local community no matter where you live. When disaster strikes, we are there.
Application deadline: 20/10/2023
Expected start date: 01/12/2023 or as soon as possible
Location: Titangade 9-13, 2200 Copenhagen N
Contacts: Marie-Chantal Legendre Dahl, mobile: +45 53611897
Company homepage: www.rodekors.dk
Office address: Titanhuset, Titangade 13 2200 København N.