Annoncør: Mission Afrika
Job: Development Officer in Cyprus
SAT-7 and Mission Afrika are currently looking to recruit an experienced Development Officer to join SAT-7s Development Department.
The purpose of SAT-7 is to provide Christian television and digital media services to support the work and witness of the church in the Middle East and North Africa.
Mission Afrika is a mission organisation with a focus to improve living conditions in some of the poorest countries. Mission Afrika is a partner of SAT-7.
SAT-7s development department works with projects to address often controversial issues in the MENA region such as disability, discrimination, limited educational opportunities, women’s and children’s rights through the TV-programs and through on the ground partners.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing strategic media project proposals, overview and coordinate the implementation of projects and relevant donor reporting. Furthermore, he/she will be involved in the portfolio of strategic SAT-7 projects that are supported by restricted funds. This includes the coordination with our Support offices, Channel managers and Producers for the correct implementation of projects.
You will be recruited by Mission Afrika and seconded to SAT-7s office in Cyprus.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Development of fundraising proposals for SAT-7 projects in cooperation with all relevant SAT-7 stakeholders
- Conduct frequent MENA context analysis with special focus on the situation for Christians, FoRB, women, children, disabilities, education etc.
- Monitoring and management the correct implementation of the projects (scope, budget, schedule, quality etc.) as defined by the Projects Managements Methodology (PMI)
- Manage and ensure the necessary reporting of SAT-7 projects carried out with restricted funds
- Management and development of the portfolio of SAT-7 social-impact projects in line with Communications for Development approach
- Oversee research related to measurement of the success of different projects
- Work closely with the International Office Communications Department for the portfolio projects
- Travelling to different SAT-7 offices in MENA when required
Qualifications and requirements:
- Be sympathetic with and enthusiastic about the purpose and goals of SAT‑7
- Relevant university degree is required e.g. Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, International Development Studies, Conflict and Peace Studies
- Knowledge of Middle East political, socio-economics and religious issues is essential.
- Experience in project management, Communications for Development or/and Christian ministry, and the coordination of projects supported by restricted funds would be an advantage
- Be a proficient communication writer able to express SAT-7’s Christian identity to corporate and statutory funders
- Outstanding English writing/speaking skills.
- Knowledge of Arabic, Turk or Farsi would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East or North Africa a strong advantage
- Be very organised with good attention to detail, able to juggle different tasks, meet deadlines, prioritise and delegate when appropriate
- Experience from working with staff from different cultures
- Be flexible, demonstrating a “can do” attitude when taking on new challenges, leading by example
- Good interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively via phone, email and in person with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Self-motivated, confident, proactive, and highly organized with ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
Duration and location
- Initially a one-year contract with possibility of extension
- Start date: September 2023
- You will be based at SAT-7 Head Office in Nicosia, Cyprus and reporting to SAT-7s Head of the development Department.
For more information, see missionafrika.dk/jobopslag/ or contact Mission Afrika’s International Project Coordinator Hanna Meilandt on +4524881530 or [email protected]
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with your cover letter in English to [email protected] no later than April 30th. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.