Annoncør: Oxfam Denmark
Job: Internship in Oxfam Denmark, Humanitarian work and program funding – spring 2024
Do you want to contribute to fighting poverty and inequality in the world? Are you interested in humanitarian work, inclusive peacebuilding, and local partnerships, and want to learn more about how NGOs work with funding and donors? Then this could be the right internship for you!
Oxfam Denmark is part of the international confederation, Oxfam, that works to fight extreme inequality in the world. As an intern, you will contribute to this work in developing countries, globally and in Denmark.
- Analysis, mapping and documentation of topics and processes related to humanitarian assistance, inclusive peacebuilding, and local leadership
- Support project-related work within the humanitarian and inclusive peacebuilding-thematic area
- Communication work, including newsletters, case stories, text for the website, and visual presentations
- Contribute to donor analysis, fundraising processes and management of projects
- Support planning and facilitating events, workshops and processes – both online and physical
- Follow national and international task teams in and outside Oxfam
- Support in developing and maintaining databases and statistics
- You are currently undertaking a university degree in Denmark in a relevant field
- You are interested in humanitarian work, peacebuilding, and international development
- You are systematic and capable of working independently and as part of a team to reach a common goal
- You possess good writing skills and communicate complex issues in a simple and understandable way – both orally and in writing
- You speak and write English fluently
- You like being part of a team of good colleagues and engage in social activities
Competences – nice to have
- French or Spanish language skills
- Experience in using MS Excel and creating/maintaining databases
- Experience with project development and management
What do we offer?
As an intern at Oxfam Denmark, you will gain thorough insight into an organization that works for a better and more equal world by fighting poverty and injustice. We offer an opportunity to gain firsthand experience with the daily life in an international NGO through tasks and new challenges that can make a difference. Moreover, you will be part of a dynamic and fun workplace with a large international network.
This internship is co-hosted and coordinated between two teams in the International Program Department: the Humanitarian & Peacebuilding Team and the Program Quality & Institutional Funding Team. The two teams have previous good experience of shared human resources and work together on many issues on a daily basis. Working with two teams will give you a broader set of experience, knowledge, and relations in the organization.
We expect the internship to be full time (37 hours/week). However, we are flexible in relation to classes, exams, and student jobs, so 30 to 37 hours can be agreed. The duration of the internship is five months with expected start date 1 February 2024. The internship is unpaid but daily lunches in our canteen are provided for free.
If you want to know more
Read more about requirements and conditions for our interns at Become an intern at Oxfam Denmark | Oxfam Danmark.
If you have further questions, please contact Teamleader for the Humanitarian and Inclusive Peacebuilding Team, Katja Kjar-Levin [email protected], and/or Senior Partnership Advisor in the Program Quality & Institutional Funding Team, Søren Tuxen Faber [email protected]
How to apply?
Please submit your application and CV in English, using the link at this page. Application deadline is 17 December 2023. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, and we will close for applications if we find the right candidate sooner than 17 December.
Oxfam Denmark considers diversity an asset and encourages everyone, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexuality, disability or ethnicity, to apply for vacancies. Oxfam Denmark applies feminist principles in our work and is obligated to prevent any kind of unwanted behaviour at the workplace, including sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse, as well as lacking integrity.
About Oxfam Denmark and Oxfam International
Oxfam Denmark is an independent and member-based development organisation. Through education, support for civil society, and in cooperation with our partners, we combat inequality and poverty in the global south. Together with 20 other organizations, we form the Oxfam International Confederation, one of the world’s largest and most influential development organizations. In Denmark, we are a clear and significant player in the public debate on tax havens, rising inequality and the right to education. Read more about us at About Oxfam Denmark | Oxfam Denmark.
Position type: Internship (unpaid)
Starting date: 02-2024
Location: Oxfam Danmark / Vesterbrogade 2A, 2., 1620, København V, Denmark
Contactperson: Katja Kjar-Levin, [email protected]