Annoncør: Red Cross
Job: Senior fundraising and partnership advisor
The IFRC Psychosocial Centre is looking for a fundraising and partnership advisor to join our international team in Copenhagen at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support
As our fundraising and partnership and advisor, you will work closely with the Director and the Management Team of the Centre and play a key role in the PS Centre through fundraising efforts and partnership building with current and new donors, and other strategic partners. Additional focus will be on institutional donors and private foundations, in addition to the International Red Cross Red Crescent network and other humanitarian stakeholders.
The annual turnover of the PS Centre is 2,5 million Euro with funding from National Societies, of which Danish Red Cross is the largest contributor, institutional donors (including DG Sante, Horizon Europe, USAID and UN donors) and private foundations. Our ambition is to expand our current funding base to support more Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies across the world.
As a specialized Centre of Excellence, we support the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement comprising of 192 National Societies in promoting and enabling the mental health and psychosocial well-being of beneficiaries, staff and volunteers. We achieve this through 1) providing technical support, including trainings, assessments, support in conflict, disasters and other emergencies and long-term capacity building, 2) generating and sharing new knowledge, tools and approaches on mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) and 3) communication and advocacy efforts with relevant stakeholders.
The PS Centre consists of an international team of 25 full time staff with complementary technical, strategic, and managerial functions. Our day-to-day work is full of purpose, challenging, busy, and injected with humour and a positive spirit. We achieve most of our goals by working closely together and we value highly our collaborative working environment.
The position is based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and some travel is expected.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Operationalise and further develop the PS Centre’s fundraising plan, and identify potential donors and partners, and opportunities for new collaborations and projects, including with institutional donors (e.g., DG Sante, ECHO, Horizon Europe, UN, Donor Govts), bilateral donors and embassies, NGOs and research institutions, and private foundations.
- Lead and coordinate fundraising initiatives and proposals in collaboration with other members of the team, as well as drafting narrative proposals and budgets.
- Coordinate funding efforts related to partnerships with National Societies, including with a focus on emergency funding and ensure that all relevant agreements are in place.
- Maintain existing donor relations and partnerships.
Liaise closely with relevant partners, including at the IFRC Secretariat in Geneva and the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement as well as relevant external partners.
Experience and skills
- Relevant university degree (social sciences, psychology, global health, development studies or similar)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with fundraising and institutional donors (EU/ECHO, Danida, Donor Govts, UN) and private donors, and preferably also implementation of projects funded by these donors.
- Proven track-record with development, coordination, and writing (in English) of highly competitive fundraising concept notes and proposals.
- Experience with Horizon Europe Research and Innovation programmes is an added value.
- Demonstrated skills in project cycle and financial management
- Experience in working with Theory of Change approaches
- Proven ability to build and manage strong partnerships with many different actors
- Work experience from the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and/or other humanitarian organizations is preferable
- Experience of working with mental health and psychosocial support is an added advantage
- Excellent skills in written and oral English; knowledge of Arabic, French, and/or Spanish is an added value.
- A structured, independent, and proactive approach to tasks
- Excellent communication, coordination as well as networking and facilitation skills
- Motivated, dedicated self-starter
- Ability to meet deadlines, timely attention to detail, multi-task, and to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate persuasively and precisely in writing (in English)
- Flair for budgets, and Microsoft Excel sheets or similar software programmes
- Strong team-player skills and ability to work independently
- Experience in working with people with different cultural backgrounds
- Eager to contribute to a positive working environment.
About the PS Centre
The IFRC Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support (PS Centre) works under the framework of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC) and supports National Societies in promoting and enabling the mental health and psychosocial well-being of beneficiaries, staff and volunteers. The PS Centre is hosted by Danish Red Cross.
In addition, the PS Centre collaborates with external research institutions and stakeholders in the field of MHPSS. Since 2016, the PS Centre has been co-chairing the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Reference Group on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings, which consists of more than 67 member organisations, and fosters a unique collaboration between NGOs, UN, International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, International Agencies and academics, promoting best practices and coordination in MHPSS in emergencies.
Danish Red Cross is the legal employer and the position is a local contract based in Copenhagen. The assignment will commence on 1. September 2023, or as soon as possible.
Salary level and benefits will be in accordance with the Danish Red Cross’ Collective Bargain Agreement. The position is classified for salary between DKK 42.300 -49.000 per month incl. pension, and according to qualifications and experience.
Hiring manager’s name: Nana Wiedemann, Director of IFRC Reference Centre for Psychosocial Support
Nana Wiedemann ([email protected])
Application and CV in English are only accepted through the online recruitment system. Only applications with a letter of motivation and a CV will be accepted.
Deadline for applying: 25 June2023
Join us. Together we can make a world of difference. The Red Cross is always present. We are the largest humanitarian organisation in the world and for 150 years we have helped alleviate people through wars and disasters, diseases and loneliness. Most countries have signed an agreement which gives the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement a unique position and mandate to provide aid regardless of nationality, race or political views. We currently count 11 million volunteers in 192 countries. We are part of your local community no matter where you live. When disaster strikes, we are there.
Region: Region Hovedstaden
Application deadline: 25/06/2023
Expected start date: 01/09/2023
Contacts: Nana Wiedemann, [email protected]
Company homepage: www.pscentre.org
Office address: Hejrevej 30 GF 2400, Copenhagen