Position to develop and manage Oxfam IBIS’ humanitarian activities, systems and influencing
The purpose of the position is to develop Oxfam IBIS’ humanitarian portfolio, build and maintain quality and accountability mechanisms, systems and structures to ensure quality control, build the influencing agenda internationally and in Denmark, all in close collaboration with the Oxfam confederation.
Strengthening humanitarian fundraising and initiating an external process of verification / certification of Core Humanitarian Standards in collaboration with Oxfam International (Global Humanitarian Team (GHT)) are included as part of building a strong humanitarian portfolio in Oxfam IBIS.
Oxfam's humanitarian work stands out in the way we combine working on the ground with affected communities supporting the localization agenda, with strong advocacy and campaigns internationally and in Denmark.
Oxfam IBIS works for a just world in which all people have equal access to education, influence and resources. We do so as part of the global Oxfam confederation and in collaboration with colleagues in more than 70 countries.
Oxfam IBIS aims to grow and diversify our humanitarian portfolio and this position will be part of that effort both in a Danish and a global context and in an inspiring network of dedicated colleagues.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for setting up and managing systems and procedures for humanitarian flexible funds, including grant allocation and compliance, and for establishing and maintaining quality and accountability mechanisms, including verification of Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), alignment/update of administrative and security procedures for the humanitarian work and consolidation of humanitarian reporting.
In addition, the successful candidate will take part in Oxfam IBIS’ ongoing fundraising for humanitarian projects.
The successful candidate will be part of the Humanitarian Team in the International Programme Department with close links to humanitarian colleagues and Performance Management & Fundraising team.
She/he will work closely with colleagues from the other programme and policy teams as well as the Finance Department for quality assurance of internal systems and projects, for risk management and security systems, for proposal writing, Project Cycle Management (PCM).
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with Oxfam’s Global Humanitarian Team (GHT) and will maintain frequent communication with colleagues in other Oxfam’s and at country/regional offices.
The specific roles and responsibilities of this position will be formed according to the profile of the selected candidate.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, experience, skills and personal attributes:
- Documented experience of at least 5 years with building and maintaining administrative systems, structures and procedures, including management of humanitarian flexible funds and risk & security management
- Documented experience with policy, influencing and advocacy work – also in humanitarian settings
- Documented experience with organizational maintenance and compliance with humanitarian systems such as Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) and SPHERE.
- Documented experience and results of fundraising from humanitarian institutional and other donors such as Danida, ECHO, DFID, SIDA, Norad.
- Experience with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) systems, incl. knowledge of MEAL in Humanitarian Programing and /or Oxfam’s Common Approach to MEL and Social Accountability is an advantage.
- Be familiar with the Grand Bargain and New Ways of Working and how multiple stakeholders can contribute to achieve the joint commitments.
- Be familiar with Inter-Agency Standards Committee and inter-agency coordination in humanitarian responses
- Demonstrated collaboration and networking skills such as cooperation with Embassies, Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Oxfam and other actors in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent communication skills orally and in writing in English. Knowledge of French and Danish is an advantage. Knows how to pitch a project.
- Proposal formulation skills (theory of change, logical framework approach, ECHO single form).
- Is results oriented and strategically thinking.
- Thrives in an environment with sharp deadlines and many stakeholders.
- Is able to work in complex environments.
- Entrepreneurial skills. Flair and energy in seeking opportunities, solutions and ways forward.
Conditions for the employment
The position is a permanent position, and the work place is in Copenhagen at Oxfam IBIS headquarters. Travel: Up to 50 days a year
Salary and working conditions due to present collective agreement with a salary scale between 35.353 DKK and 48.872 DKK including pension and pay supplement. Pay grading will be based on the level of experience.
Start date: As soon as possible after that.
For further information about the position, please contact Else Østergaard ([email protected])
Please submit your application via the ‘send application’ button and include your motivation letter and CV.
Application deadline: December 10th 2017. Expected interview date is December 15th 2017.
Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
Applicants must be nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Oxfam IBIS is committed to equal employment opportunity we therefore encourage everybody – irrespective of age, gender and of religious, sexual, national or ethnic affiliation – to apply for this position.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.