DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for a dynamic, visionary and experienced Country Director for its Country Programme in South Sudan. The Country Director will be based in Juba, South Sudan, with frequent travel to the field.
As Country Director, you will lead the DCA country management team and ensure good staff welfare and conducive working environment for 84 national and 14 international staff. You will lead and inspire the strategic directions of the programme, ensuring synergy between its different components as well as high quality, accountable and innovative programme implementation. You will be responsible for nurturing relations with donors and other stakeholders as well as for identifying fundraising opportunities and building partnerships to sustain a continuous growth of the programme. You will also ensure a strong focus on security management, conducting regular monitoring and analysis of the security environment.
The country programme’s overall focus is cash-based humanitarian assistance and livelihood programming, resilient communities and mine action projects, which are implemented through partnerships with national NGOs or directly by DCA. The country programme operates in several parts of the country with funding from various back donors. DCA’s support to conflict and disaster affected communities has a strong focus on cash-transfer programming, market support; resilience building, safer communities, livelihoods and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
We are looking for:
- At least 5 years proven experience in leadership and results-based management at a Country Director level or equivalent position.
- At least 10 years documented experience in managing humanitarian and development programmes and projects in contextual and operational challenging environments and preferably with some work experience in South Sudan.
- Management experience in complex and volatile security contexts, given the threat to humanitarian staff in South Sudan.
- Proven successful fundraising and donor relations and a capacity to challenge status quo and innovate.
- Cultural sensitivity, strong communication and diplomatic skills, with the ability to build relations both within and outside DCA.
- Programmatic experience with some key areas of DCA’s country programme, such as humanitarian response, humanitarian mine action and relevant programming targeting arms and explosive remnants of conflicts, longer term development interventions, rights based programming, gender mainstreaming and roll-out of Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Experience working with implementing partners as well as in setting up and managing self- implemented interventions.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff and create a conducive work environment.
- A strong drive and commitment to getting the job done.
- A relevant tertiary academic education at Master’s level.
- Fluency in English – oral as well as written
A two-year contract (with possibility for extension). Start 1 August 2018, with handover in DCA HQ and South Sudan. Terms are according to Handbook for DCA expatriate personnel, non-family postings. 12,17% pension contribution and 6 weeks’ vacation per year.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
For further information please visit our website, http://www.danchurchaid.org or contact Cecilie Bjørnskov-Johansen, Programme Director [email protected] +45 29699132.
Only applications consisting of a motivation letter and a CV will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DanChurchAid is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping the world’s poorest. We work to save lives, to build resilient communities, and to fight extreme inequality.
The deadline for applications is 9 May 2018. Interviews are expected to take place 17 May 2018.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.