DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for a strategic and operationally experienced Humanitarian Assistance Programme Manager to lead humanitarian programs for the DCA office in South Sudan. The duty station is Juba with frequent travels to the field. The position oversees an innovative multi-sectoral relief programme implemented through national partners. It provides opportunities to develop new ways of providing comprehensive relief assistance, support community resilience, and build local capacity.
With the support of 6 programme staff, the programme manager oversees an expected annual portfolio of eight million USD implemented through 3 national partners. DCA is working with local partners to assist the poorest of the poor while committed to adhere to Core Humanitarian Standards.
- The PM has particular responsibility to continued development of a high-quality humanitarian response that positions DCA as an important humanitarian actor punching above its weight.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality projects, adapting the response to the context changes.
- Focus on locally-led initiatives, manage the overall relationship with national partners and facilitate their capacity building to implement timely and effective humanitarian and resilience activities.
- Ensure high quality M&E systems and facilitate lessons learning among partners.
- Manage the programme team.
- Diversify the donor base and mobilize resources through high-quality proposals.
- Represent DCA’s programs with relevant donors and coordination forums.
- Participate actively in the senior management team at the country office.
- Engage in the strategic development of the country programme and ensure learnings and synergies between DCA programs in country and globally.
- You have a relevant Master’s degree and at least 5 years relevant work experience, incl. programme management and work in complex humanitarian situations in Africa.
- You are interested in managing effective and locally-led approaches, under challenging humanitarian conditions and in hard to reach areas.
- You are confident in the role as manager, innovative, a good motivator and you work with a hands-on approach.
- You have extensive knowledge of working with grant management and donor relations.
- You are a proven facilitator with excellent communication, coordination, and problem-solving skills.
- You are flexible and able to adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- You are an outgoing, results-oriented and proactive person.
- Experience with cash transfer programming is a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of South Sudan is also an added advantage.
A one-year contract with the possibility of extension starting September 2018. Competitive salary and benefits. Comprehensive insurance, 6 weeks annual leave, regular R&R and paid roundtrips. Accommodation in Juba will be provided.
Submit your application
via our e-recruiting system no later than 15 July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. The interviews with the shortlisted candidates are scheduled between 23-24 July 2018. Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a written test prior to the interview. Initial interviews may take place by Skype.
For further information please contact Mrs. Nina Pedersen, Country Director South Sudan email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCA South Sudan has a turnover of about 19 Mill USD, incl. a humanitarian Mine Action team. The mine action team is self-implementing, while the rest of the DCA activities are implemented through partners. DCA was established in 1922 and is today one of the major Danish humanitarian nongovernmental organizations working to assist the poorest of the poor. DCA is member of the ACT Alliance. For more on DCA, please be referred to www.danchurchaid.org
DCA promotes equal opportunity in terms of gender, race/ethnicity and belief and encourages all qualified and interested candidates to apply.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.