Experienced and dynamic Director
The Danish House in Palestine (DHIP) is an independent NGO seeking to promote professional and cultural exchange and strengthen relations between Palestine and Denmark. DHIP implements projects with focus on media, cultural heritage and culture. Read more about DHIP on
Would you like to lead a cultural organisation with a strong profile in the Palestinian arts and culture scene? Are you an inventive, inspiring and visionary leader?
If so, the position as Director of the Danish House in Palestine might be interesting for you.
DHIP is a small organisation, comprised of 8 staff and 2 interns. DHIP’s staff members are of Palestinian or Danish nationality.
Our office and Guest house is located in an old Palestinian house in the old town of Ramallah, with a view of mountains and olive trees. We are looking for a motivated Director to lead the house in Ramallah. Following is the description of the job requirements:
Type of contract and duration: Full time position – a two-year contract, extendable according to performance and mutual agreement.
Location: Ramallah, Palestine
Line of responsibility: Board of Directors
Responsibilities of the Director of DHIP include:
- Enhance and further develop cultural and societal relations between Denmark and Palestine through a participatory approach involving the Board of Directors, staff and partners.
- Assisted by the Board of Directors, raise necessary funds for DHIP.
- Manage staff and running of the Organisation on a daily basis
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects in line with DHIP’s strategy.
- Oversee the financial planning and management of DHIP’s budgets.
- Ensure compliance of DHIP and donors’ policies and procedures.
- Lead the monitoring process of DHIP’s projects.
- Manage evaluations and strategy plan review processes.
- Prepare reports and ensure timely submission to donors and the Board of Directors.
- Enhance visibility of DHIP’s projects in both Denmark and Palestine.
- Advise and lend support to the Board of Directors.
- Maintain positive relations with partners in specific and local community in general.
- Represent DHIP internationally and locally.
- The position entails travelling to Denmark once a year and/or when required.
- Carry out other responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Relevant academic background.
- Proven record of experience in fundraising.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Strong experience in project and financial management, reporting and monitoring and evaluation.
- Outstanding writing and verbal language skills in English (first language of the house).
- Knowledge of the cultural sector in Denmark.
- Strong inter-cultural skills and enjoys leading and inspiring a team of mixed nationalities.
- Very good knowledge of donor (Danida) guidelines.
- Visionary, motivated and able to maintain positive working relations with staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Able to stay calm in challenging and stressful situations
- Fluent in Danish and excellent English
- Knowledge of fundraising to cultural projects
- Understanding of the Palestinian/ Middle Eastern political and social contexts.
- Knowledge of the Palestinian/Middle Eastern arts and culture sector.
- Knowledge of Arabic
Interested candidates should submit their CV, letter of interest and contact of three referees to: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting applications: 11th July 2018.
Preferred start date is 1st or 15th September 2018.
For further information, please contact the Chair of Board, DHIP Lone Bildsøe Lassen at [email protected]
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.