You will be assisting the Department Director for our Human Rights Systems Department in management tasks and cross-departmental coordination at the Danish Institute for Human Rights. The job requires structure, sense for quality and communication, service mindedness and planning skills.
- Support the department director in daily administration and management of the department e.g. calendar planning, travel administration, planning of appraisal interviews with the employees (MUS).
- Prepare and participate in management meetings, department meetings and department seminars. This includes writing agendas and minutes.
- Prepare the department newsletters and other communication materials.
- Ensuring a good internal communication in the department as well as with the offices abroad.
- Handle and prepare requests from the international secretariat and the finance and administration department.
- Follow up on monthly budget reviews.
- Assist in recruitment and contracts.
- Provide input to and quality assurance of strategic papers and project documents.
- Relevant bachelor or master’s degree in public administration, business administration, international development, human resource management or similar.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Danish – written as well as orally. French is an advantage.
- Experience with electronic document management systems, e.g. Public 360°, Excel, Indfak and RejsUd is an advantage
- You enjoy coordinating processes and doing organisational work.
- You thrive working “backstage” ensuring that everything is running smoothly.
- You are well organized and good at following through on initiatives and tasks.
- You are a team player with the ability to inspire and motivate.
- You are extrovert, diligent and service minded.
The duty station is Copenhagen. The position is a full time position (37 hours per week).
Please submit your application, CV and diplomas no later than 12.00 CET 13 August 2018 by using the form found on this page. Application and CV should be submitted in English.
Department director, Human Rights Systems, Elsebeth Krogh, [email protected] or +45 9132 5750.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.