Technical Quality Assurance Officer
Danish Red Cross (DRC) is seeking a Technical Quality Assurance Officer for the International Department working within the area of health.
The purpose of DRC’s international activities is to increase and strengthen humanitarian impact, to inspire and act for human dignity, resilience and social cohesion.
DRC has operations in 6 Regions (Middle East & North Africa; Southern Africa; Eastern Africa; West Africa; Europe and Asia) and has a wide portfolio in all regions on health.
The health activities of DRC range from Emergency health, over Maternal Newborn and Child Health and Community Based Health, to Non-Communicable Diseases and Phychosocial Support.
The Technical Quality Assurance officer will be sitting in International Support and be part of the health team, supporting our operations to ensure the highest quality of DRC health work. The selected candidate will be supported by a mentor and relevant trainings will be identified.
The position is an entry level position.
Specific to the position:
- Co-lead the development of DRC standards and practices on emergency health
- Be part of developing and implementing DRC advocacy position on “Access to health” and support the cooperation on this with ICRC, IFRC and other partners
- Participate in developing DRC position within the movement on emergency health
- Support integration of MHPSS components in programming, including participation in supporting the development of MHPSS resolution
- Lead on interaction with the IFRC PSS reference center on the programmatic level
- Act as focal point on PSS at HQ level to facilitate sharing and Lesson learned
- Provide technical sparring, guidance and support to regional teams and delegates on the practical implementation of the technical area of expertise
- Support the advisors in developing guidelines and SOPs, when relevant, on the technical areas of expertise
- Support the participation in Danish and RC/RC Movement networks and fora on the technical area of expertise
- Consolidate experiences and achievements on technical area of expertise
- Keep abreast with emerging health issues and evidence based good practices and disseminate to DRC´s health operations and programmes
- Support the input to the development of DRC’s competence in urban programming , integrated programming and other cross cutting issues from a health perspective
- Facilitate collection and dissemination of lessons learnt
- Assist in development of quality assurance tools (Impact monitoring and baselines for health programmes) and facilitate their application
- Provide inputs to the development of PPM procedures and guidelines
For detailed job description please see here.
- Have a maximum of 1 year work experience after completed study
- Hold a graduate degree within Public Health, Global Health, Medical Anthropology, Medicine, Psychology or similar
- Good analytical skills, in the context of assessment and project design, and also in terms of understanding humanitarian context
- Relevant experience and training, during and after completion of study.
- Experience with development or humanitarian organizations in humanitarian, developing or post-crisis countries is an advantage
- Project cycle and financial management understanding and experience is an advantage
- Confidence in situations of stress, and able to handle a heavy but varied workload for a long period.
- The ability to travel extensively and with short notice across all 6 DRC regions of work
- Ability to work in fluid environments that have varying degrees of security.
- Understanding that process and ownership are key to achieving results in culturally and politically sensitive environments.
- Have strong communicative skills
- Ability to work professionally in English, knowledge of French is an advantage
Terms of employment
Starting date is as soon as possible and contract is until end of 2017.
The vacancy isn’t a delegate position. Salary and benefits are in accordance with our regular terms for HQ staff in Copenhagen. The position is classified equivalent to a total gross salary per month of DKK 28.200-31.000 according to qualifications and experience.
For further information you are welcome to contact Head of International Support, Jakob Harbo by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 31320119.
Deadline for application is 30 March 2017.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.