Regional Migration Coordinator/ Delegate
Danish Red Cross is looking for a Regional Migration Coordinator/ Delegate for West Africa
The Danish Red Cross (DRC) is present in 6 countries in the West Africa Region. We are engaged in a regional migration project, where DRC is the direct implementing partner together with 3 National Societies: Niger, Mali and Guinea Red Cross. The regional project will provide solutions to the challenges, which migrants face along the migratory trails from Guinea through Mali and Niger and also assist migrants in taking informed decisions. Indifferently of the situation of the migrant, outgoing, en route or home coming, the project will work with job creation incl. private sector engagement, start-up incentives for small businesses incl. agriculture, schooling/learning opportunities, psychosocial support and counselling, family reunification and livelihood possibilities in rural and urban settings.
The Danish Red Cross is looking for a Regional Migration Coordinator to ensure that project components and implementation in all 3 countries takes place timely in line with plans and in respect of Red Cross/Red Crescent principles and mandate.
- Coordinate and participate in an overall assessment/baseline in all 3 countries scoping the size and implementation challenges of a regional project.
- Provide expert support to country delegates in management set-up of migration activities including proposing implementation modalities for project components within areas like: Advocacy, legal/rights advice, protection, NFI, health, volunteer management, water, livelihood, PSS.
- Compile and consolidate all country reporting at regional level including providing overall regional relevant information and data and send to relevant receivers.
- Consolidate and prepare submission of the annual reports for the project according to donor formats (Progress reports, Annual reports).
- Ensure strategic and visionary leadership of the migration project as well as of any further development/engagement within the area.
- Develop new programme ideas and concepts and explore other fundraising possibilities and initiate relevant funding applications in agreement with the HoR
- Approve budgets and responsible for ensuring timely utilization at regional, country and field level while ensuring value for money
- Identify with in-country delegates and country coordinators capacity building needs necessary for immediate project implementation.
- Participate in the recruitment of local consultants
The ideal candidate holds a relevant Master's Degree in the fields of Humanitarian Response/Project Management or other relevant field with a strong management and innovative capacity.
- At least 5 years of relevant international field experience in project management, coordination, formulation, design and planning of projects, preferably linked to migration.
- Experience working for a humanitarian aid organization and within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is a key advantage.
- Experience in capacity building, transfer of management skills and working with international and local partners is preferred.
- Project cycle and financial management knowledge.
- Experience in the context of humanitarian emergency response or in development management.
- Experience in the Sahel/West Africa is an advantage.
- Strong technical knowledge within one, or several areas within International Development/Humanitarian work linked to migration.
- Strong programme management skills required focusing on Humanitarian development.
- Great Self-management skills and the ability to deliver on target results.
- Good understanding of Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies and set up, the Movement’s mandate and how to embrace migration.
- Knowledge in project cycle and financial management.
- Good communications skills, networking and facilitation skills.
- Very good planning/analytical skills
- Must be able to work independently and manage on a distance.
- Confidence in situations of stress, and able to handle a heavy workload.
- Good cultural understanding and the ability to build trust and cope with challenging cultural working environment are essential.
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Ability to motivate others in delivering on a common goal.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in French and English are a must.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office package
- Valid international driving license.
The delegate will report to the Head of Region (HoR) in Dakar, Senegal. The duty station is Dakar-Niamey (start-up in Niamey) but with an important travel schedule to all 3 countries in line with Job description.(Dakar 35%, Niamey 25%, Mali 20%, Guinea 20%) The starting date of the assignment is as soon as possible and no later than 1st November 2017. The length of the contract will be 2 years. Due to the important travel schedule the position is a non-family posting. The contract will be administered in accordance with the Danish Red Cross Terms and Conditions for Delegates. The monthly salary including allowances and pension according to DRC rules is within the range of DKK42.975 and 46.135 depending on experience and qualifications.
Please refer to the Job description and for further details you may contact Head of Region, Frode Kirk on tel. +221 77 639 87 25, mail: [email protected] or Desk officer Elise Bjerkrheim, tel. +45 35 25 93 43, mail ([email protected])
How to apply
Click on apply below, send your written motivation letter in English and upload your CV, after creating a profile. Deadline for applications is 15 October, 2017. Interviews are expected immediately after. Start date is as soon as possible. Candidates who are not proficient in French will not be considered for this position.
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.