The aim of the workshop is to provide an opportunity for discussion and promotion of recent advances within the economics of climate change. The workshop will concentrate on three themes:
- Directed technical change and climate policy
- International aspects of the economics of climate change
- Climate policy, tipping points, and fundamental uncertainty
- Jean Tirole, Toulouse School of Economics, Nobel laureate in Economics 2014, author of 'Economics for the Common Good'
- John Hassler, IIES, Stockholm University
- Matti Liski, Aalto University
Apart from the workshop, there will be a public event Friday 5 October to celebrate the recent release of Jean Tirole's book 'Economics for the Common Good'.
The workshop is co-organised by Department of Economics (ECON) and Department of Food and Resource Economics (IFRO), University of Copenhagen.