INTERNSHIP in Copenhagen, Denmark
Intern for EuroMed Rights’ General Assembly
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday 28 January 2018
EuroMed Rights is offering an internship to undergraduate, graduate, or newly graduated students at its headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The intern will assist EuroMed Rights staff in organizing and conducting EuroMed Rights General Assembly taking place on 22-24 June 2018, either in Brussels or in Paris. This event will gather approximately 100 human rights activists and experts from the Middle East, North Africa and Europe.
The internship will last for a period of 5 months running from 5 March 2018 (or as soon as possible after) to 31 August 2018.
Work hours: 37 hours per week, with possibility of longer hours in peak periods to be compensated for by time off. A monthly compensation of 6,100 DKK (approximately 819 Euros) is granted during the internship.
While being an administrative support function in relation to the General Assembly, the internship will provide a good introduction to the overall work of an international human rights organization. As such it is relevant both for applicants with a strong administrative and language profile and for applicants involved in the fields of Middle East Studies, Human Rights, Political and Social Science, etc.
Description of tasks
The job is mainly administrative and includes the following tasks:
- Overall assistance to practicalities and logistics for the General Assembly.
- Contact and cooperation with EuroMed Rights staff, partner organizations, service providers, suppliers and authorities.
- Communication in English and French (phone and email) with EuroMed Rights member organizations and other participants
- Assistance with participants’ visa applications in liaison with partners and embassies abroad
- Preparation of documents (editing, layout) in English, French and, if possible, Arabic, and coordination of translation and printing of documents
- Assistance with implementation of the General Assembly’s programme, including contact to speakers and chair persons
- Assistance to participants during the General Assembly
- Drafting of the report of the General Assembly
- Ad hoc activities
Qualifications required for the internship
- Undergraduate or graduate diploma in administration, political and human sciences, language, or other relevant fields
- Fluent or very good working knowledge in both English and French (oral and written). Knowledge of Arabic will be a strong advantage. Danish is not required.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated, well organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural/international environment
- Previous experience with similar large event will be an advantage.
- Computer literacy in Word and Excel
- Unique opportunity to be introduced to the NGO-sector in a multicultural environment
- Experienced and motivated colleagues
- An office in the heart of Copenhagen with easy access to public transportation
- For a foreigner, this is an exceptional opportunity to learn about the Danish society and culture
Application and interview
Interested persons should submit their CV and a letter of application, in English only and by email, to [email protected] , mentioning “GA intern” in the subject. Applications should be received by EuroMed Rights before Sunday 28 January.
A network of more than 80 human rights organizations, institutions and individuals based in 30 countries in the Euro-Mediterranean. Created in 1997 in response to the Barcelona Declaration and the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership, we stand by universal human rights principles and strongly believe in the value of cooperation and dialogue across and within borders.
Rooted in civil society, the Network seeks to develop and strengthen partnerships between NGOs in the Euro-Mediterranean region, i.e. networking aimed at strengthening the capacity of members to act and interact within the context of the region.
For further information see www.euromedrights.org
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.