Experienced Institutional Learning Specialist
Do you want to lead, support and facilitate learning, documentation and knowledge sharing processes across an international NGO with 11 partnership countries to create a just and sustainable world where all people live in freedom and dignity?
Do you have a comprehensive pedagogical tool box as well as practical and theoretical experience in leading/facilitating organizational learning processes?
You are maybe our new Institutional Learning Specialist!
In the coming years, ActionAid Denmark (AADK) will grow significantly as an organization. By 2020, we will have a strong public profile within our thematic areas, systems and culture to systematically and continuously learn from our work, support popular commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals through participatory documentation and regular knowledge sharing and ensure that our knowledge and training center, Training Centre for Development Cooperation (TCDC) in Tanzania becomes a central meeting place for the ActionAid alliance, social movements and activists from the whole of Africa.. We are an ambitious organization with a team of dedicated professionals, who are consistently working on creating change in 45 countries throughout the world.
The position is based in the Learning and Capacity Development Team, which has a core focus on learning and capacity development in AA Denmark’s international work. The team delivers specific capacity development interventions, such as digital learning and face-to-face and online volunteering in our 11 partnership countries. The team also supports and facilitates cross country learning and capacity development processes according to the needs identified by our partnership countries and finally, the team coordinates and facilitates organizational learning processes within the International Cluster in ActionAid Denmark.
As Institutional Learning Specialist,
You will be a core member of our Institutional learning project, where you will facilitate, support and lead:
- Learning processes and documentation to enhance AA Denmark’s knowledge and capacity around youth organizing and movement building, which is central to our theory of change.
- Internal learning and capacity development processes and documentation related to our 4 thematic areas:
- 1) Gender Responsive Public Services and Tax, 2) Democratic Participation, 3) Economic Opportunities and Decent Work for Youth and 4) Rights and Resilience.
You will also act as focal point for coordination between international projects in AADenmark and our partnership with TCDC - our training center in Tanzania. This includes:
- Facilitate the overall coordination between the international projects based out of the AA Denmark Secretariat and TCDC – especially in terms of planning and execution of TCDC related activities.
- Act as the coordinator in AA Denmark for the TCDC partnership committee.
- Support TCDC as relevant in relation to TCDC’s strategy as a knowledge hub and convening space for social justice movements; and play an advisory role indifferent kind of structured learning.
You will provide advise and inputs in relation to curriculum developments for structured learning as well as e-learning course designs, conducting trainings and develop curriculums upon requests.
The job requires that you have:
- Relevant academic degree within organizational learning, knowledge management or similar with a comprehensive knowledge of development issues – preferably around our 4 programmatic themes;
- Sound knowledge of pedagogical tools and approaches used for adult learning;
- Practical experience with planning and facilitating organizational learning processes and converting this learning into organizational practice.
- Solid experience with training/structured learning.
- Strong facilitation and coordination skills;
We expect you to be:
- Able to navigate in complex settings, as internal learning processes often cut across different projects in the organization;
- Motivated by and able to operate at a strategic as well as a very hands-on practical level - at different levels of the organization;
- Diplomatic, flexible and a strong team player;
- Excited about joining an informal work environment with committed professionals and room for humor and laughter;
- Proficiency in English.
It is a prerequisite that you are culturally sensitive – you appreciate cooperation also when the individual has a different background and approach than you. You have a strong sense of purpose.
You should expect 10 to 20 travel days per year.
We offer you:
- An 8-year appointment with flexible work hours, so that a healthy balance between private- family- and work life is possible;
- A comprehensive compensation package and pension scheme where salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the agreement between AADK and the AC organizations;
- A position based at Copenhagen with some travel activity;
- A shared mandatory organic lunch arrangement;
- A broad, professional network of passionate, international colleagues;
- An informal and dynamic working environment characterized by a modern management culture and cooperation across the organization.
Application deadline: Thursday 21st of June 2018 at midnight Danish time (CET)
The first round of Interviews is expected to be conducted on June 26th and second round on the 28th of June. Should you be selected for a second round, the interview process will include an assignment.
Start date: 1st of August, or soonest possible.
Location: Fælledvej 12, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
You can get more information about the position through the Head of Learning & Capacity, Mette Hvilsby, [email protected], 77310023
See more about working in AADK here: www.ms.dk/job
Read more about our new strategy here: https://www.ms.dk/dokumenter/strategier
We only receive applications through our recruitment system, as such please use the link below to submit your application incl. motivation letter.
Apply for Position:
Please state that you have seen the job advertisement on Globalnyt.